Cranachan Pudding Ingredients
60g of medium oatmeal
- 150g of raspberries
- 4 tablespoons of malt whisky
- 4 tablespoons of runny Scottish honey
- 600mls of double cream
How To Make Cranachan
- Scatter the oatmeal onto a baking tray and toast in a low oven or under the grill until they become golden brown. Do stand and watch this because they can easily and quickly burn.
- The book Nick Nairn’s New Scottish Cookery advises toasting the oatmeal with a half measure of sugar together to give a crunchy texture and caramel flavour. This is done either under the grill or with care in a non stick frying pan using a medium heat and tossing often. Nick Nairn uses pinhead oatmeal and uses soft brown sugar. He also recommends tossing the raspberries in whisky and warm honey for an enhanced flavour. Once prepared he hen drizzles any extra whisky with the warmed honey over the cranachan.
- Blend 50g of the raspberries in the liquidiser until they become smooth.
Cranachan Pudding is ready to serve.