Recipes for Couscous
Chocolate Cream Couscous Cake Ingredients:
2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/4 cup Sucanat
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
Chocolate Cream Topping:
- 10 ounces (1-1/2 cup) dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 boxes firm silken tofu
- 3 Tablespoon maple syrup
How to make Chocolate Cream Couscous Cake
- In a medium saucepan combine water, cocoa, Sucanat, and couscous. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally and cook until thickened (10 to 15 minutes). Add vanilla and stir. Spread mixture into a 9-inch springform pan (one that has a removable side).
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler. If unavailable, add water to a saucepan and place a metal bowl over the steam to create a homemade version. Melting chocolate directly over an electric stove will not work — the chocolate will crystalize. Transfer chocolate to a blender, add tofu, and blend. Add maple syrup and blend again until smooth.
- Pour filling evenly over couscous. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve cold. Top with fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries or kiwi.
Chocolate Cream Couscous Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
Sweet and Nutty Moroccan Couscous Ingredients
2 cups vegetable broth
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups dry couscous
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
How to make Sweet and Nutty Moroccan Couscous
- Pour the vegetable broth into a large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add the butter, apricots, dates and raisins. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the couscous. Cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and toasted almonds, and serve.
- Sweet and Nutty Moroccan Couscous Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:5 Min
Ready In:20 Min
Company Couscous Ingredients
1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to make Company Couscous
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir couscous into boiling water and return water to a boil. Cover and remove pot from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- While the couscous is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic, green onions and peppers; saute briefly. Stir in tomatoes, basil, cooked couscous, salt and pepper. Mix together and transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Splash some balsamic vinegar on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese while still warm.
- Company Couscous Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:5 Min
Cook Time:35 Min
Ready In:40 Min
Salmon Couscous Salad Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1 lb cooked salmon
- 3/4 cup frozen baby peas
- 3/4 cup frozen extra sweet corn
- 1/4 vidalia onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2/3 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
How to make Salmon Couscous Salad
- Boil the water and olive oil. When boiling, remove from heat, stir in the couscous, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork into a large bowl to cool.
- Flake the salmon and add to the bowl.
- Briefly steam the peas, rinse in cold water and add, then do the same for the corn.
- Add the onion, parsley and dill.
- Mix a bit of the dressing into the mustard to combine, then add the rest of the dressing and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle over the couscous, mixingly. (You know what I mean.) Taste to see if there?s enough mustard and lemon for your taste. Mustard can be added thinned with liquid, such as more dressing, lemon juice, or water. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Chill for at least 2 hours if you have time, but it is good eaten right away, also. We enjoyed this on lettuce leaves with sliced tomatos, cucumbers, and corn chips.
- Salmon Couscous Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 mins
Total Time:30 mins
Pineapple Couscous Salad Ingredients
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
how to make Pineapple Couscous Salad
- in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous.
- Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, pineapple, chilies, pecans, onions, oil, mint and garlic; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over spinach.
- Pineapple Couscous Salad is ready to serve
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 20 Min
Yield 6 servings
Black Bean and Couscous Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Black Bean and Couscous Salad
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2 quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Black Bean and Couscous Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Ready In:35 Min
Easy Summer couscous salad Ingredients:
- 2 cups instant couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup currants 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups diced young zucchini
- 10 red or yellow cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to make Easy Summer couscous salad:
- Put couscous in a heat proof bowl and pour boiling water over it.
- Stir it gently with a fork then cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir in currants then add 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Stir to separate grains then recover and refrigerate.
- Stir from time to time until couscous is cool about 40 minutes.
- In separate bowl combine zucchini, tomatoes, mint, parsley, lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
- Fold this mixture into the cooled couscous and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Season with salt and peppered then serve.
Tangy Couscous Salad Ingredients:
- 300g couscous or bulghar wheat
- vegetable stock
- 2 courgettes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g feta cheese , crumbled
- 20g pack parsley , chopped
- juice 1 lemon
How to make Tangy Couscous Salad:
- Cook the couscous or bulghar wheat in vegetable stock according to pack instructions. Trim the ends off the courgettes, then cut into slices.
- Heat a griddle pan or grill. Drizzle the courgette slices with oil, then season. Cook for 2 mins, then turn over and cook 1-2 mins more until softened and golden brown. Tip into a large bowl along with the cooked couscous or bulghar wheat, then mix through the remaining ingredients. Serve at room temperature.