Corn and Cheese Enchiladas Ingredients
8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 medium ears)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups grated pepper Jack
- 1 10-oz. can enchilada sauce
How to make Corn and Cheese Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Stack tortillas, wrap in foil and bake until softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While tortillas are baking, oil a 7-by-11-inch glass baking dish. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in corn and milk and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes. Season with salt.
- Remove tortillas from foil. Set aside 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of corn mixture in center of a tortilla. Sprinkle with a heaping tablespoon of cheese. Roll up tortilla and set in dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas, overlapping them slightly. Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Corn and Cheese Enchiladas is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 31 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings