Recipes for corn
Get the corn recipes from trusted magazines, cookbooks, and more. You’ll find recipe ideas complete with cooking tips and reviews.Sponsored Links:
Curried Shrimp and Corn Chowder Ingredients
One particular medium-size sweet onion, diced
- Two tbsps olive oil
- 2 garlic herb cloves, cut
- Two huge Yukon platinum taters (18 oz of.), peeled as well as diced
- A single huge sweet potato (A single single pound.), peeled and also diced
- Two glasses fresh new corn corn kernels (regarding Your five head)
- One and a half(14-oz.) may chicken broth
- 1 (5-oz.) can easily unsweetened en aning coconut milk
- Only two teaspoons curry powdered ingredients
- One particular tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- One lb . peeled, big organic shrimp (Only two 6/30 depend)
- Toppings: done coconut, thinly chopped up green onions, coarsely sliced roasted nuts
How to make Curried Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- Sauté red onion inside herbal inside a Dutch oven above medium warmth Your five moments or until tender; increase garlic oil, and also sauté One minute. Increase Yukon rare metal apples and then 6 components; bring to the disect, stirring usually.
Reduce temperature, and also simmer, mixing at times, 30 moments or even till
potatoes tend to be sensitive. Blend within shrimp; prepare Four or five moments or
simply till shrimp switch white. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve together
with sought after toppings.
- Do this Pose!
- Shrimp-and-Corn Chowder: We’ve been big curry supporters, nevertheless, you
could in the same way very easily create a classic chowder. Alternative 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk for lite coconut milk. Leave out curry powder.
Curried Shrimp and Corn Chowder is ready to serve.
YIELD: Makes 8 servings
TOTAL:1 HOURS, 25 MINUTES
Tee’s Corn Pudding Ingredients
1/4 glass sugar
- Three tablespoons all-purpose flour
- A couple of teaspoons cooking powder
- One 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 huge offspring
- Two cups cooking lotion
- 1/2 pot butter or even margarine, melted
- 6 glasses clean corn kernels (about 14 ears)
How to make Tee’s Corn Pudding
- Blend very first Four ingredients.
- Stir with each other offspring, cooking ointment, and also butter. Progressively add sugar blend, whisking until easy; blend throughout corn. Serve blend in a casually greased 13- a 9-inch cooking plate.
- Make at 350° for Forty five min’s or perhaps until gold brownish and. Permit stay Your five moments.
- Some servings iced total kernel corn or even canned shoepeg corn, cleared, could possibly be taken.
Tee’s Corn Pudding is ready to serve.
YIELD: Makes 8 servings
Crunchy Corn Salsa Ingredients
1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup peeled, chopped jicama
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
How to make Crunchy Corn Salsa
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn, red onion, jicama, red bell pepper, and cilantro. Stir in lime juice and zest.
- In a small bowl, combine cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, and salt. Brush each fillet with olive oil, and sprinkle with spices.
- Arrange fillets on grill grate, and cook for 3 minutes per side. For each fiery fish taco, top two corn tortillas with fish, sour cream, and corn salsa.
Crunchy Corn Salsa is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:40 Min
Black Bean Quesadillas with Corn Salsa Ingredients
One particular tbs olive oil
- A single 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic oil
- 2 mugs cut plum garlic
- 1/2 glass chopped refreshing cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) may black coffee beans, drained and also rinsed
- Several (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Preparing food spray
- 3/4 glass (Several oz) preshredded Mexican mixture cheese
- One glass freezing whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup sliced refreshing cilantro
- Only two tbsps refreshing lime juice
- 1/2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- One and a halfred bell pepper, marauded
How to make Black Bean Quesadillas with Corn Salsa
- To arrange the quesadillas, preheat your broiler.
- High temperature olive oil in a very large fry pan above medium-high heat. Increase
garlic clove; sauté A short period. Put tomatoes, 1/2 pot cilantro, and also beans;
prepare food Your five min’s or until eventually liquid evaporates, mixing sometimes.
Spot tortillas over a baking sheet sprayed with food preparation spray. Prime every
single tortilla together with 1/2 glass coffee bean mixture and Three tbsps cheese;
fold in half. Lightly coat clothes together with food preparation spray. Broil Several
minutes as well as until cheese melts along with tortillas begin to darkish. Reduce
every tortilla into Several wedges.
- To arrange salsa, blend corn along with outstanding ingredients in a small pot.
Provide a new disect above high temperature, and also cook for two main min’s, stirring frequently. Assist using quesadillas.
Black Bean Quesadillas with Corn Salsa is ready to serve.
YIELD: 4 servings
Summer Squash and Corn Chowder Ingredients
2 pieces applewood-smoked bread
- 3/4 cup sliced green yellow onion, separated
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- One particular pound yellow summer season squash, sliced
- One particular lb . frozen white along with yellow newborn corn kernels, thawed and
- 2 1/4 mugs 1% low-fat milk, separated
- One teaspoon cut refreshing thyme
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of fresh terrain black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 glass (One particular ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
How to make Summer Squash and Corn Chowder
- Cook cash in a large Dutch oven more than medium-high warmth until eventually crisp. Take away bread through skillet, arranging A couple of teaspoons drippings within griddle. Fall apart sausage, and hang away. Increase 1/2 mug don’t forget the onions, celery, and also lead pages to drippings within griddle; sauté Eight moments as well as until eventually greens are sore.
- Reserve 1 glass corn; set aside. Squeeze staying corn and also A single pot milk inside a blender; process till smooth. Include leftover One particular 1/4 glasses milk, thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, along with pepper to food processor; procedure merely until eventually mixed. Add pureed mixture and also earmarked A single mug corn for you to skillet. Lessen warmth to be able to moderate; make A few minutes as well as right up until thoroughly warmed up, stirring continually. Stir within 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Ladle regarding One 1/2 mugs soups straight into all of Several containers; top every offering about One particular tablespoon cash, A single tablespoon remaining don’t forget the onions, along with One particular tbs cheese.
Summer Squash and Corn Chowder is ready to serve.
YIELD: 4 servings
Creamed Corn Ingredients
Two c. fresh corn
- 1/2 t. sugar
- Only two To. butter
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- salt and pepper
How to make Creamed Corn
- Lower the popcorn kernels over cob, and then using the back with the blade, clean the particular cob (this is usually the right way to take action — you have every one of the take advantage of doing this). The earlier you do this particular after it’s picked, the better your hammer toe is going to be.
- Melt the butter in the saute pot, adding the corn (just use the actual sugar in the event that making use of frosty ingrown toenail). While you wake the hammer toe, softly mash many of the corn kernels, as well as make over channel heat approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the ointment, and also prepare, mixing often, before starchy foods through the corn thickens the ointment. Salt as well as pepper in order to taste.
- You may make an alternative variation through turning the heat up high right after adding your product in order that it may caramelize. Excellent in any event.
Creamed Corn is ready to serve.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Corn Salad Ingredients
6 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Corn Salad
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook corn in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Drain, cool, and cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, toss together the corn, tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Chill until serving.
Corn Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:25 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:45 Min
Corn and Cheese Enchiladas Ingredients
8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 medium ears)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups grated pepper Jack
- 1 10-oz. can enchilada sauce
How to make Corn and Cheese Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Stack tortillas, wrap in foil and bake until softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While tortillas are baking, oil a 7-by-11-inch glass baking dish. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in corn and milk and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes. Season with salt.
- Remove tortillas from foil. Set aside 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of corn mixture in center of a tortilla. Sprinkle with a heaping tablespoon of cheese. Roll up tortilla and set in dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas, overlapping them slightly. Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Corn and Cheese Enchiladas is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 31 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
Golden Fried Baby Corn Ingredients
6 baby corns
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- a pinch M.S.G
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
How to make Golden Fried Baby Corn
- Cut the baby corn into three juliennes each.
- Mix corn flour, flour, oil, baking powder, ajinomoto, salt and pepper well.
- Add enough water to make smooth dough and beat well. the batter should be thick.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Dip the baby corn in the batter and fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with chilli sauce.
Bread Cutlet is ready to serve.
Crispy Chilli Baby Corn Ingredients:
2 cups Baby corn
- 1 tbsp Maida (All-purpose Flour)
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper Powder (to taste)
- 1 Capsicum (cut into thick cubes)
- 1 Onion (cut into thick cubes)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Chili (finely chopped)
- Oil (for frying)
How to make Crispy Baby Corn:
- Mix together maida, rice flour, corn flour, salt, lime juice, soy sauce and baby corn.
- Add some water, if required, to bind the ingredients.
- Deep fry the baby corn (coated with the maida mixture) until golden brown in color. Remove and set aside.
- Place a wok on fire and heat oil in it.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and chili and saut? well.
- Add capsicum and onion cubes and saut? for 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the salt, black pepper and fried baby corn. Mix well.
Crispy Chilli Baby Corn is ready to serve.