Garlic and Coriander Naan Ingredients
White Bread Flour – 2 1/2 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Dried Yeast – 1 tsp
- Plain Yogurt – 4 tblsp
- Melted Butter or Ghee – 1 tblsp, plus 2-3 tblsp for brushing
- Garlic – 1 clove, finely chopped
- Black Onion Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fresh Coriander – 1 tblsp
- Clear Honey – 2 tsp
How to make Garlic and Coriander Naan
- Sift the flour and salt together in to a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, cream the yeast using the yogurt. Set aside for 15 mins.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour with 1 tblsp of melted butter or ghee and add the chopped garlic, black onion seeds and chopped coriander mixing to some soft dough.
- Tip the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Invest a lightly oiled bowl, cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap leave it to rise in a very warm place for 45 minutes or before dough has doubled in large quantities.
- Preheat the oven to 230C/450F.
- Place three heavy baking sheets inside the oven to heat. Turn the dough on to a lightly floured surface and punch down. Divide into three equal pieces and shape each in to a ball.
- Cover two from the balls of dough with oiled plastic wrap and roll the third into a teardrop shape. Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Put the single naan on the hot baking sheets and bake for 3-4 minutes or until puffy.
- Get rid of the naan from the oven make under the hot grill for some seconds or until browned slightly. Wrap inside a dish towel to help keep warm.
- Brush with melted butter or ghee.
Garlic and Coriander Naan is ready to serve hot.