Home / Tag Archives: corainder
Dahi Kadhi with Pakora Ingredients:
- oil- 5 tblsp
- asafoetida (hing) a pinch
- green chillies – to taste
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- fenugreek seeds (methi) – 1 tsp
- gram flour (besan / chane ka atta) – 6 tblsp
- coriander/cumin powder- 1 tsp
- turmeric powder (hadli)- a pinch
- mixed vegetables (carrots, ladyfinger, brinjal, drumsticks, bottle gourd)- 2 cups/200 gms
- tamarind (imli) pulp – 2 tblsp
- salt (namak) – to taste
- coriander leaves (dhania patta) – 2-3 sprigs
How to make Dahi Kadhi with Pakora
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida and after a few seconds, add the chopped chillies, cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- Allow them to stop spluttering, then add the gram flour, stirring continuously.
- Fry it, till the flour becomes brown in colour and aromatic.
- Add around 5-6 cups (1 lt.) of water, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Cook on a simmering flame for at least 15- 20 minutes and then, bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the vegetables and the spices.
- Add the tamarind pulp and cook further, till the vegetables become tender.
- Add the salt and garnish with chopped coriander.
For Mooli paratha stuffing:
- 3 Mooli (Radish)
- Salt To Taste
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Corainder powder
- 2 Green chillies, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp Corainder leaves
For Mooli paratha Dough:
- 2 cups Wheat flour
- Salt To taste
- Water As needed
- Oil for frying muli parathas
How to make Mooli Paratha
- Sieve the wheat flour and salt.
- Add water and knead to stiff dough.
- Cover and keep aside.
- Peel and grate the radish.
- Squeeze and drain all the water.
- Heat the pan and fry the radish to light brown.Add salt, red chilli powder, green chillies, corainder leaves and mix well. Allow it to cool.
- Take some dough and roll into small puri, put 2tsp of stuffing and cover all the sides.
- Roll again into a thick, round paratha.
- Heat a tava and fry the mooli ka paratha both sides to crispy and brown.
- Put some oil over the paratha.
- Serve the mooli paratha hot with raita or curry.