Coleslaw Dressing Ingredients
2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
How to make Coleslaw Dressing
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk the sugar, salt, mustard, paprika and egg yolks until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in water and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until a thermometer
- reads 160° and mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
Place the cabbage in a bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Basic Coleslaw is ready to serve.
Yield: 6-8 servings.