Cold Lentil Salad ingredients
3 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup mint sauce
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove small garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 4 large lettuce leaves
How to make Cold Lentil Salad
- 1. Combine water, lentils and salt in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until lentils are crisp-tender.
- Drain run lentils under cold water.
- Combine lentils, celery, bell pepper, mint sauce, onion, parsley, olive oil, garlic and oregano in medium bowl mix well.
Cover and refrigerate until cold lentil salad is ready to serve. Serve cold lentil salad over lettuce leaves.
Yield: 4 servings.