Cold Green Bean Salad Ingredients
1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 European cucumber, cut into thin sticks resembling shape and size of green
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Coarse salt and pepper
How to make Cold Green Bean Salad
- Steam green beans in 1/2 inch boiling water covered for 3 or 4 minutes. Cold shock beans by running under cold water and drain well. Place beans in a bowl and combine with onions, cucumber and tomato. Dress salad with a generous drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Season salad with coarse salt and pepper, to taste.
Cold Green Bean Salad is ready to serve.
Prep 10 min
Cook 5 min
Total: 15 min