Coconut Pudding Ingredients
3/4 cup sifted cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cold milk
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 box raspberries (6 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon raspberry liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
How to make Coconut Pudding
- Prep time does not include overnight chilling
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cornstarch and salt.
- Slowly whisk in 1 cup of the milk until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the remaining 2 cups of milk with the coconut milk and 2 cups of the sugar and bring to a simmer, whisking until the sugar dissolves.
- Gradually whisk in the cornstarch mixture and cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until very thick, about 6 minutes.
- Off the heat, whisk the custard for 1 minute.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the custard into twelve 3/4-cup ramekins.
- Refrigerate until chilled and firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- In a blender, puree the raspberries with the liqueur, lemon juice and the remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Strain the puree through a fine sieve.
- Serve the coconut pudding with the raspberry sauce on top.
Coconut Pudding is ready to serve.
7 minutes to make