For the Filling:
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp sugar
For the cover:
- 1 potato boiled
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp semolina
For the chutney:
- 1 lemon sized ball of tamarind
- 1/2 cup seedless dates
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Oil for frying
- Boil all the ingredients together in a vessel and let it cool.
- Later puree it and save.
- Then mash the potatoes and knead into it the bread crumbs, semolina and salt.
- The dough should be wet very soft.
- The filling is made by just mixing together all the listed items.
- Next shape small baskets of the dough in it fill about a spoonful in the basket and then collect the edges and seal to get a stuffed ball.
- For ease at frying press it down to form a Pattie else the rolly polly one are good too.
- Deep fry these Kachoris in oil on medium heat till golden brown.
- Now Coconut Kachori is ready to serve.