Recipes for coconut frosting
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
How to make Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat the cream cheese and butter in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, one cup at a time, alternating with heavy cream. Beat in the salt, coconut flavoring, and vanilla extract. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and spreadable. Add additional confectioners’ sugar if necessary to thicken the frosting, or more cream to thin. Stir in the coconut. If desired, spoon toasted coconut evenly over frosted cake.
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Ready In:15 Min