Spicy Coconut Fish ngredients
How to make Spicy Coconut Fish
- Cut fish fillets into at most 1/2″ thick pieces that will be an easy to stir fry size. Toss with 1/2t of salt and 1/2t pepper, cover and set aside.
- Prepare the spice paste. Cut the green onions in half where the white
- part turns to green, chop and set aside the green part. Cut off the
- roots and finely mince the rest. Remove the peppers from the soaking
- water and save the water. Chop them and add to the scallions and
- chopped shallot. Place in either a mini food processor or mortar and
- pestle and process into a paste.
- Prepare all ingredients so they are handy (i.e. chop cilantro).
- Heat a wok to medium-high heat and add oil. Swirl to coat the pan. Stir
- Fry the fish just enough to seal but enough to fall apart. (If you are
- skilled enough brown both sides). You don’t want it completely cooked
- at this point. Remove fish and set aside.
- Clean wok if necessary and bring back to medium high heat. Open the
- can of coconut milk without shaking and add the thickest part to the
- wok. Cook until the oil separates – about 5 minutes. Add spice paste
- and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Add remaining
- coconut milk and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add fish and lime leaves
- in and cook until fish is cooked, flake until it is in easy serving pieces.
- Add most of the scallions and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro and remaining scallions.
- Spicy Coconut Fish is ready to serve.
15 minutes to make