Coconut Chutney Ingredients:
4 tablespoons grated coconut
- 2 teaspoon(s) bengal gram (chana dal) roasted
- 1″ piece ginger peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) each of mustard seeds and black gram (udad dal)
- ½ teaspoon(s) asafoetida powder
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 red chilli(es) broken into bits
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil
- lemon juice and salt to taste
How to make Coconut Chutney
- Grind the coconut, roasted gram, green chillies, coriander leaves and ginger to a fine paste using a little water. Pour the paste / chutney into a bowl and adjust the consistency using suitable amount of water.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium level for about 2 minute(s) till it is hot enough. Add the mustard seeds. Let them splutter and then add the black gram (udad dal), red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida powder. Fry briefly till the gram turns red and pour it on the chutney.
- Add salt and lemon juice to the chutney.
Coconut Chutney is ready to serve.
Time: 2 min