- Cherries 1 cup
- Sugar 50 gm
- Desiccated coconut 100 gm
- Butter 125 gm
- Flour 125 gm
- Lemon rind 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence ½ tsp
- Lemon essence ¼ tsp
How to make Coconut Butter Balls
- Beat together 125 gm butter and 50 gm sugar.
- Add 1 egg yolk, ½ tsp vanilla essence, ¼ tsp lemon essence and 1 tsp lemon rind. Mix well.
- Fold in 125 gm flour and knead to dough.
- Make small balls and press with thumb from centre.
- Dip balls in beaten egg white, top with cherry, put in an oven proof tray and bake in pre heated oven of 150 degrees for 35 minutes.
Coconut Butter Balls is ready to serve.