Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Glaze Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavor
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
How to make Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring having a whisk.
- Place granulated sugar and butter inside a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at any given time, beating well after each addition.
- Add banana, yogurt, rum, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut.
- Bake at 350° for One hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on the wire rack; remove from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and juice, stirring with a whisk; drizzle over warm bread.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Glaze is ready to serve.
Yield: 16 servings, 1 Loaf or 1 slice