Snowflake Cocoa Ingredients
3/4 cup whole, shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon golden rum
- Grated zest of 1/2 a large orange
How to make Snowflake Cocoa
- Using a sharp knife, coarsely chop the pistachios and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- On low speed, beat in the flour mixture halfway, then add the pistachios, beating on low speed to combine the ingredients and form a soft dough. Switch to medium speed and beat for about 30 seconds to strengthen the dough and thoroughly incorporate the dry ingredients. Scrape the dough onto a sheet of plastic and wrap to form a neat package. Chill the dough for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for about a minute to let them firm up, and then use a spatula to gently transfer them to rack to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Snowflake Cocoa Recipe is ready to serve.