1 tablespoon olive or even vegetable oil
- One and a half medium onion, chopped (1/2 mug)
- 1/4 mug finely chopped carrot
- Two cloves garlic, finely chopped
- One and a half may (28 ounce) Muir Glen® organic crushed tomatoes with basil, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or even 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp coarse (kosher or even sea) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to make Classic Marinara Sauce
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil more than medium warmth. Add onion, carrot and garlic clove; cook about Five moments, mixing occasionally, till tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce warmth; cover as well as simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve over prepared pasta because preferred.
Classic Marinara Sauce is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 6 servings (1/2 cup each)