Clam Chowder Ingredients
3 (5 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
How to make Clam Chowder
- Drain juice from clams into a large skillet over the onions, celery, potatoes and
carrots. Add water to cover, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk
in flour until smooth. Whisk in cream and stir constantly until thick and smooth. Stir in
vegetables and clam juice. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Stir in clams just before serving. If they cook too much they get tough. When
clams are heated through, stir in vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
Clam Chowder is ready to serve.
Prep Time:25 Min
Cook Time:25 Min
Ready In:50 Min