Hot Apple Cider Ingredients
6 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 1 orange peel, cut into strips
- 1 lemon peel, cut into strips
How to make Hot Apple Cider
- Pour the apple cider and maple syrup into a large stainless steel saucepan.
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries, orange peel and lemon peel in
the center of a washed square of cheesecloth; fold up the sides of the cheesecloth
to enclose the bundle, then tie it up with a length of kitchen string. Drop the spice
bundle into the cider mixture.
- Place the saucepan over moderate heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cider is
very hot but not boiling.
- Remove the cider from the heat. Discard the spice bundle. Ladle the cider into big cups or mugs, adding a fresh cinnamon stick to each serving if desired.
Hot Apple Cider is ready to serve.
Prep Time:5 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:15 Min