225g/8oz onions, chopped
- 900g/2lb apples, cored as well as chopped
- 110g/4oz sultanas, raisins or even chopped dates
- 15g/½oz ground coriander
- 15g/½oz paprika
- 15g/½oz mixed spice
- 15g/½oz salt
- 340g/12oz granulated sugar
- 425ml/¾ pints malt vinegar
How to make Spiced apple chutney
- Put all of the ingredients into a preserving skillet. Slowly bring to the actual boil until the sugar has mixed.
- Simmer for 1½-2 hrs, stirring every once in awhile to stop the chutney sticking with the pan.
- When it’s very thick and you can draw the wood spoon across the lower pan in order that it leaves the funnel at the rear of this that doesn’t instantly fill along with fluid, the actual chutney is prepared.
- Turn in to sterilised containers, close off and cool.
- Store in a cool, darkish cupboard for 2 to three months before consuming.
Spiced apple chutney is ready to serve.
Less than 30 mins preparation time
1 to 2 hours cooking time