oven baked chunky chips Ingredients
750g Desirée potatoes (about 3 medium large), peeled
- groundnut oil , for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make oven baked chunky chips
- Heat oven to its highest setting, ideally 250C/fan 230C/gas 9. Cut each potato into 1cm-wide slices, then into 1cm-thick sticks. Blanch in a large pan of boiling water for 3 mins, then drain well.
- Shake the potatoes out onto a roasting pan, drizzle with oil, ensuring each chip is evenly coated, then season well. Bake for about 15-20 mins, turning the potatoes at least twice, until golden brown and crisp.
- Oven baked chunky chips Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins