Recipes for Christmas Appetizers
Dawn’s Candied Walnuts Ingredients
1 pound walnut halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make Dawn’s Candied Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread nuts in a single layer over a baking sheet. Roast for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until the nuts start to turn brown and the smell of roasting nuts fills the kitchen.
- Stir together sugar, cinnamon, salt, and milk in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, or until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage of 236 degrees F (113 degrees C). Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla immediately. .
- Add walnuts to sugar syrup, and stir to coat well. Spoon nuts onto waxed paper, and immediately separate nuts with a fork. Cool, and store in airtight containers.
- Dawn’s Candied Walnuts Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Holiday Shrimp Dip Ingredients
1 (8oz) cream cheese,softened shopping list
- 2 (4oz) cans small shrimp,drained shopping list
- 1 (8oz) jar cocktail sauce shopping list
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper,diced shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper,diced shopping list
How to make Holiday Shrimp Dip
- Spread cream cheese in even layer on serving dish or in bottom of glass pie pan.
- Combine shrimp with cocktail sauce in a bowl and spread evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese,covering the shrimp layer as completely as possible.
- Serve the red and green bell peppers over the cheese layer. serve with crackers.
- Holiday Shrimp Dip Recipe is ready to serve.
Cheddar Herb Biscuits Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup grated sharp yellow Cheddar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
How to make Cheddar Herb Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cayenne together using a whisk. Add the herbs, cheese and buttermilk. Stir together until dough forms. Once dough has formed, using an ice cream scooper, scoop out dough onto baking tray. With a brush, lightly butter tops. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cheddar Herb Biscuits Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep 10 min
Cook 15 min
Nutty Popcorn Party Mix Ingredients
3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (3.5 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to make Nutty Popcorn Party Mix
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, nuts and coconut. In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, corn syrup, coffee and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn mixture and stir until coated.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 250 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
- Nutty Popcorn Party Mix Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:45 Min
Ready In:55 Min
Spicy Barbecue Peanuts Ingredients
1 1/4 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp fruit chutney
- 2 tbsp oil
Spicy Barbecue Sauce:
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
How to make Spicy Barbecue Peanuts
- Blend the peanuts and rice until finely chopped. Add onion, eggs, peanut butter, curry powder and chutney and blend again until well combined. Leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Flour your hands and shape the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the patties, cook for about 5 minutes until browned on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with the spicy sauce.
- For the Sauce: Blend the cornflour and water in a small pan, add all other ingredients and stir over high heat for about three minutes until mixture boils and thickens.
- Spicy Barbecue Peanuts Recipe is ready to serve.
Coffee Cream Cheese Spread Ingredients
2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
How to make Coffee Cream Cheese Spread
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and coffee granules until light and fluffy. Serve with bread, bagels or toast. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 cup.
- Coffee Cream Cheese Spread Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 5 min.
Cherry Fruit Dip Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
How to make Cherry Fruit Dip
- Place cream cheese and marshmallow cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Place in microwave and cook on medium-high for 20 seconds increments, until softened.
- Stir cherry juice into the cream cheese and marshmallow creme mixture. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Cherry Fruit Dip Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:5 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 5 Min
Hot Broccoli Cheese Dip Pampered Chef Ingredients
1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped (about 6 oz.)
- 2 TBSP onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP red bell, chopped
- 1 oz (1/4 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
How to make Hot Broccoli Cheese Dip Pampered Chef
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Chop broccoli, onion, and bell pepper; place in a bowl.
- Grate parmesan cheese; add 2 tablespoons to vegetable mixture. Press garlic and add to vegetables along with remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Spoon into a small baker pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over top and surround with Pita Chips for serving.
- Hot Broccoli Cheese Dip Pampered Chef Recipe is ready to serve.
Festive Cracker Spread Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped pimento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
How to make Festive Cracker Spread
- 1. Beat the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth. Fold in the olives, celery, onion, bell pepper, and parsley; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Festive Cracker Spread Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 20 Min
English Muffin Hors d Oeuvres Ingredients
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package English muffin, split
How to make English Muffin Hors d Oeuvres
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, green onions, salt, garlic salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spread the cheese mixture over each English muffin half. Cut the muffins into quarters and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbly, 4 to 6 minutes.
- English Muffin Hors d Oeuvres Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:5 Min
Ready In:20 Min