Home / Tag Archives: Chow
Easy Chicken Chow Mein Ingredients:
- 1 package fresh celery , sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- hot cooked rice
- chow mein noodles
How to make Easy Chicken Chow Mein:
- In a large pot, saute celery in oil for apx 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add bean sprouts (if using), mushrooms, water chestnuts, and chicken.
- In a large bowl, blend cornstarch with water.
- When smooth, add chicken broth and soy sauce to bowl.
- Mix well and pour over meat and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice and chow mein noodles.