Halwa Puri Cholay Ingredients:
- Semolina / sooji/ bombai rava – 1 cup
- Raisins – 1tsp
- Cardamom Pods – 4
- Chironji – 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts – 6-8
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Ghee ( clarified butter) – ¼ cup
- Food colour – Yellow / orange optional
How to make Halwa Puri Cholay:
- Heat clarified butter or in a pot until well hot. Add cardamom dry fruits and nuts and fry. Add semolina and roast the semolina on very low heat until it turns light brown and gives a nice aroma.
- Boil the water in a separate bowl, add the fried semolina and keep mixing, so it doesn’t form lumps.
- Cover and keep on low heat and let it simmer until the water is absorbed (approximately 5 to 10 minutes.) Remove from heat and serve.