1 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup water
- One and a half oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 1 egg
- Six creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely broken
- 1 container (12 ounce) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- Coarsely broken cookies, if desired
How to make Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cake
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease base and aspect associated with 8-inch round skillet with shortening; gently flour. Within medium bowl, beat flour, sugar, baking soda, butter, water, chocolate and egg along with electric mixing machine on reduced pace 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 1 moment, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir within broken cookies. Distribute in skillet.
- Bake 25 to Half an hour or even until dessert comes when handled gently within middle. Awesome Ten minutes. Remove from pan in order to cooling stand. Cool completely, about One hour.
- Cut cake flat in two. Location base layer on helping dish. Spread with frosting. Top with leftover coating.
- In small microwavable dish, microwave oven chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on Higher 10 to 15 seconds or even until chocolate could be stirred smooth and is slim enough to drizzle. Drizzle chocolate more than top of cake. Spread with coarsely broken cookies.
Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Servings: 8 servings