Recipes for chocolate
Chocolate Trifle Ingredients
- 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy
How to make Chocolate Trifle
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 25 Min
Ready In: 8 Hrs 55 Min
Chocolate Strawberry Trifle Ingredients
- 18 oz. pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 serving size chocolate pudding mix (NOT instant)
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
How to make Chocolate Strawberry Trifle
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 15×10″ jelly roll pan. In large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs and beat until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed and pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to come away from sides of pan. Cool completely.
- In heavy saucepan combine pudding mix and milk and stir with wire whisk until combined. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, combine cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Cut cake into 1″ pieces and place half in bottom of a large glass bowl. Pour half the cooled pudding over the cake pieces and place half of the strawberries on top. Repeat layers. Top with whipped cream. Chill for 2 hours before serving and store any leftovers, covered, in the refrigerator.
Note: You can use vanilla or lemon pudding instead of chocolate in this recipe for a different taste sensation.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Chocolate Coated Banana Ingredients
- 12 bananas, peeled
- 400g dark or milk cooking chocolate, chopped
- 60g copha
- 1/2 cup hundreds and thousands, to decorate
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts, to decorate
How to make Chocolate Coated Banana
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Insert a paddle-pop stick into 1 end of each banana. Place onto baking tray. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate and copha into a small, heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon for 5 minutes or until smooth. Place hundreds and thousands and nuts into separate small bowls.
- Remove bananas from freezer. Pour chocolate mixture into a tall glass until three-quarters full. Dip bananas, 1 at a time, into chocolate. Roll tip of each banana in hundreds and thousands or nuts. Stand upright to set. Refrigerate. Package in cellophane bags for fete.
Chocolate Chip Cake ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 bar of German chocolate (sweet)—ungrated—-reserve 1/4 c. for topping shopping list
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding, dry shopping list
- 1 c. milk shopping list
- 1 6 oz. pkg. chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/4 c. sifted confectioners sugar
how to make Chocolate Chip Cake from scratch
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, dry instant pudding and milk.
- Beat for several minutes, or until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in all but 1/4 cup of the grated chocolate and the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a well-greased 9 inch or tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until it tests done when a wooden pick is inserted.
- Run knife around edges and tube, remove cake to rack to cool.
- Top cooled cake with 1/4 cup reserved grated chocolate mixed with 1/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar.
Hot Chocolate Drink Ingredients
175 g. semisweet chocolate, break into small pieces
- 2 1\2 cup heavy cream
- Pinch cinnamon
- Whipped cream
How to make Hot Chocolate Drink
- Melt chocolate pieces in a double boiler over hot water.
- Add the cream and stirring constantly bring to boiling point.
- Add the cinnamon and pour in 4 cups.
- Top with whipped cream.
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 250g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100g spreadable cream cheese, to serve
How to make Chocolate Banana Coconut Bread
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and flour a 19cm x 9cm x 6cm loaf pan. Mix together the mashed banana, vanilla, eggs and milk. Stir in the sugar. Sift the flour and baking powder over the wet ingredients. Add the coconut and gently fold through the mixture, using a large metal spoon.
- Fold in the chocolate, being careful not to over-mix. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Serve sliced with cream cheese.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup light cream* (half and half)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (or chocolate shavings)
How to make Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe:
- Combine ingredients. Stir until sugar dissolves. Freeze according to ice cream freezer’s directions. Stir in chips just before storing chocolate chip ice cream.
- Makes 1 quart
- 1/2 cream and 1/2 milk may be substituted for light cream
- 300ml full fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla pod
- 4 large egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- 200g white chocolate-chopped
- 200ml double cream
This is a lovely luxurious ice cream, I used Green & Blacks organic white chocolate to give it a rich flavour.
How to make White Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe:
- Boil the milk and vanilla together in a pan until it starts to bubble gently, meanwhile whisk the egg yolks and sugar together.
- Pour the milk on to the egg mix and stir and then gently pour the mixture back in to the saucepan and simmer very very lightly (or it’ll split). Stir continuously until the custard mix thickens or coats the back of a wooden spoon then add the chopped chocolate stirring until the heat melts the chocolate.
- Cool the mixture, put it in the fridge to chill. Once chilled, add the cream to the mixture (if you are not using an ice cream machine whisk the cream until stiff and then fold into the mixture).
- Pour in to an ice-cream machine-or set in a shallow container in the freezer, stirring every 30 minutes till set, approx 3 hours.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne
- Pinch espresso powder (or instant coffee)
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp brandy (optional)
How to make Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe:
- Heat one cup of cream in a small saucepan (1 qt). Whisk in cocoa powder. Bring to a simmer. Whisk until cocoa powder is well incorporated. Remove pot from heat. Stir in chocolate until completely incorporate.
- Put mixture into a metal bowl and add the remaining cup of cream. Set that bowl over a larger bowl half-filled with ice water to help cool it down. Place a mesh sieve over the bowl with the chocolate mixture.
- Put one cup of milk, the sugar, cinnamon, salt, cayenne, espresso powder (or instant coffee) into a saucepan and heat until steamy (not boiling), stirring to incorporate the spices and dissolve the sugar. Place egg yolks in a medium sized bowl. Slowly pour the heated milk and mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly so that the egg yolks are tempered by the heated milk, but not cooked by it. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
- Stir the milk egg mixture constantly over medium heat with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spoon so that you can run your finger across the coating and have the coating not run. This can take anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes, depending on how hot your burner is.
- 1 1/2 cups pitted ripe sweet cherries (from about 3/4 lb cherries)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Amaretto, cherry liqueur, or rum (optional)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine, keep in freezer until used
How to make Cherry Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips Recipe:
- Put cherries, milk, one cup of the cream, sugar, and salt into a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat until the mixture is steamy, then lower the heat to warm and just let sit for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour mixture into a blender, or use an immersion blender, and carefully purée. (Careful because you are dealing with a hot liquid. Make sure you hold the cap down on the top of the blender while puréeing.)
- Put mixture into a large bowl. Stir in the remaining 3/4 cup of cream. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator until completely cold. (Can also place bowl over an ice bath, to speed up the cooling process.)
- Before putting the mixture into your ice cream maker, stir in the lemon juice and the Amaretto or other liqueur if you are using. Note that you can skip the alcohol if you want, but the addition of it will help the ice cream from getting too icy, and the amaretto can add a nice flavor boost to the ice cream. Churn the ice cream in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the ice cream has completed churning, the ice cream should be pretty soft. Gently fold in the finely chopped chocolate. Put in an airtight container and place in the freezer for at least an hour, preferably several hours.