Best Chocolate Pound Cake Ingredients
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make Best Chocolate Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt
pan. Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in
the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately
with the dissolved coffee and buttermilk. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into
the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, then turn out
onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Best Chocolate Pound Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr
Ready In:1 Hr 30 Min