3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Three Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Two 1/2 cups hot milk
- 2 oz. (squares) unsweetened baker’s chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 egg yolks, well beaten
- One and a halfteaspoon vanilla
- 1 baked 9″ pie shell
- 1 recipe Meringue (recipe below)
How to make Chocolate Pie
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt.
- Stir gradually into hot milk, as well as prepare over boiling drinking water (utilizing a dual boiler) until thickened.
- Add chocolate, stir until well combined and smooth.
- Give a small amount of cooked combination in order to beaten egg yolks, blending in thoroughly. Return this mix to remaining mixture in saucepan and cook Two moments longer.
- Remove from warmth adding the actual vanilla, blend well.
- Place cooled down filling in to pie shell, then make the meringue (below).
- Pile the actual meringue on top of the filling, going to the edge of the actual pie using the meringue to prevent shrinking as well as spaces.
- Bake at 375 levels F with regard to 12-15 minutes or until the meringue is gently browned.
Chocolate Pie is ready to serve.