- 300ml full fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla pod
- 4 large egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- 200g white chocolate-chopped
- 200ml double cream
This is a lovely luxurious ice cream, I used Green & Blacks organic white chocolate to give it a rich flavour.
How to make White Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe:
- Boil the milk and vanilla together in a pan until it starts to bubble gently, meanwhile whisk the egg yolks and sugar together.
- Pour the milk on to the egg mix and stir and then gently pour the mixture back in to the saucepan and simmer very very lightly (or it’ll split). Stir continuously until the custard mix thickens or coats the back of a wooden spoon then add the chopped chocolate stirring until the heat melts the chocolate.
- Cool the mixture, put it in the fridge to chill. Once chilled, add the cream to the mixture (if you are not using an ice cream machine whisk the cream until stiff and then fold into the mixture).
- Pour in to an ice-cream machine-or set in a shallow container in the freezer, stirring every 30 minutes till set, approx 3 hours.