1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- 1 mug milk
- One and a half package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 container (1 pound) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
How to make Chocolate Checkerboard Cake
- Heat oven in order to 350ºF. Oil underside and sides of three (9-inch) spherical cookware associated with checkerboard cake set with reducing; gently flour. Location divider ring within the pans, following manufacturer’s instructions.
- In medium bowl, defeat cake mix, milk, cream cheese, vanilla and eggs along with electrical mixer upon reduced speed Thirty seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Defeat on moderate speed 2 minutes. Divide batter in half; mix cocoa into 1 / 2 of the player.
- Spoon batter in to skillet along with divider panel diamond ring, subsequent manufacturer’s instructions.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick placed within middle arrives thoroughly clean. Cool Ten minutes. Loosen side of cake from pan along with metal spatula; turn inverted onto cooling stand. Cool completely, regarding One hour.
- Using the thin layer of frosting in between layers, bunch cake levels so outdoors colors associated with cake alternate. Location cake upon helping plate; ice aspect as well as surface of cake with frosting.
Chocolate Checkerboard Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
Servings: 16 servings