1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- Four eggs, at room temperature
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to make Chocolate Cake
- Pre-heat stove to Three hundred and fifty levels F. Grease as well as flour three 9-inch dessert pans.
- Inside a moderate dish, stir the actual boiling water in to the cocoa till sleek, and set apart.
- Inside a separate bowl, combine the actual flour, baking soda, baking powder as well as salt, and hang apart.
- From medium speed of the electrical mixing machine, lotion the butter as well as sugar for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the actual eggs, one at a time, defeating nicely after each add-on.
- Change mixer down to reduced speed. Include the actual flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the cocoa combination, starting and ending using the flour combination.
- Stir in the vanilla, and don’t over-beat.
- Put the same amount of batter in to each one of the 3 prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 moments or even until a cake tester comes out thoroughly clean.
- Cool within pans set on racks with regard to 10 minutes. Invert pans on racks, eliminate cookware, and permit layers for cooling totally prior to icing.
Chocolate Cake is ready to serve.