Cheese and Chive Crisps Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot®)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
How to make Cheese and Chive Crisps
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened butter and cheese until well blended. Stir in flour, chives, salt, hot pepper sauce and garlic powder until thoroughly mixed. Stir in cereal. Divide the mixture into four parts, and roll into 6 inch long logs. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Unwrap the cheese logs, and slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are crisp and slightly browned.
- Cheese and Chive Crisps is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:25 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 40 Min