Recipes for chips
Baked Tortilla Chips Ingredients
1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make Baked Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut each tortilla into 8 chip sized wedges and arrange the wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- In a mister, combine the oil and lime juice. Mix well and spray each tortilla wedge until slightly moist.
- Combine the cumin, chili powder and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the chips.
- Bake for about 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 8 minutes or until the chips are crisp, but not too brown. Serve with salsas, garnishes or guacamole.
Baked Tortilla Chips is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:25 Min
Cheesy chips Ingredients
large potato, cut into chunky chips and parboiled
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil
For the cheesey sauce
- 100ml/3½fl oz white wine
- sprig fresh thyme
- 142ml/5fl oz double cream
- 55g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
How to make Cheesy chips
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- For the chips, place the parboiled chips onto a baking tray, season to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with the oil.
- Place into the oven and roast for 15 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly and golden.
- For the sauce, pour the wine into a saucepan on a high heat and boil to reduce by half. Add the thyme, cream and cheese and simmer, stirring continously, until the cheese has melted.
- To serve, place the chips into a serving bowl and pour over the cheese sauce.
- Cheesy chips Recipe is ready to serve.
Roast sweet potato chilli chips Ingredients
2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
How to make Roast sweet potato chilli chips
- Blue Cheese and Chive Dip, recipe follows
- Peel sweet potatoes and discard skin. Using the vegetable peeler or a mandoline make long thin chips by peeling/slicing lengthwise from top to bottom. Place in a bowl of ice water and chill for 1 hour. Drain in a colander and layout on paper towels and pat dry.
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder, a pinch of cayenne, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot to 375 degrees F. Fry the potatoes in single layer batches for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Lift chips out with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Season with the spice mixture and serve immediately. Serve as an appetizer with Blue Cheese and Chives dip.
- Roast sweet potato chilli chips Recipe is ready to serve.
Inactive Prep 1 hr 0 min
Cook 20 min
Total: 1 hr 35 min
Homemade chips Ingredients
700g /1 1/2 lb potatoes
- Olive oil
How to make Homemade chips
- Pre heat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into 1cm thick chip wedges
- Wash and dry well on kitchen paper.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, season to taste.
- Bake for 40 mins, turning halfway through cooking.
- Homemade chips is ready to serve.
Sweet Potato Chips Ingredients
1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (6 to 8-ounce)medium Idaho potato
- 1 (6 to 8-ounce) medium sweet potato, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Creamy Oven-Cooked Bacon Dip, recipe follows
How to make Sweet Potato Chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Using a pastry brush, lightly grease 2 large baking sheets with 1 teaspoon of oil each and set aside.
- Using a mandoline slicer, or heavy, sharp knife, cut the potatoes and sweet potatoes as thinly as possible. On 1 baking sheet, arrange the cut potatoes in 1 layer. On the second sheet, arrange the cut sweet potatoes in 1 layer. With a pastry brush, lightly coat the top side of both potatoes with the olive oil. Bake until golden and crisp, rotating the pans halfway through the cooking time, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- While the potatoes are cooking, In a small bowl, combine the salt, rosemary, lemon zest, and black pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the cinnamon, orange zest, sugar, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and transfer to paper towels. While still warm, sprinkle the potatoes with the lemon salt mixture, and the sweet potatoes with the cinnamon mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature with the Creamy Oven Cooked Bacon Dip.
- Sweet Potato Chips Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep 20 min
Inactive Prep 1 hr 0 min
Cook 30 min
Total:1 hr 50 min
Honey Mustard Gammon Wedges Ingredients
2-3 medium potatoes e.g. Maris Piper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 x 175g gammon steaks
- 2 medium eggs
How to make Honey Mustard Gammon Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas mark 6.
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into wedges and place in a medium sandwich bag with the oil and seasoning. Shake well to coat. Transfer to a non-stick baking tray and bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the honey and mustard together and spread over the gammon steaks. Place under the grill, preheated to a medium heat, and cook for 7-8 mins, turning once.
- For the perfect poached egg, add the eggs, gently, to a pan of boiling water, reduce the heat to a simmer and poach for 2-3 mins or slightly longer for a firmer result.
- Top the gammon steak with the egg and place the wedges to the side.
- Serve with peas.
- Honey Mustard Gammon Wedges Recipe is ready to serve.
Stack ‘em up Ingredients:
600g floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, King Edward and Desiree (about
- 3 large potatoes)
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
How to make Stack ‘em up
- Peel and cut the potatoes into twelve chunky chips (approx 7cm x 2.5cm). Soak in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fat fryer to 200oC. Fry the chips in 2 batches for 7-8 minutes until just coloured, drain on kitchen paper, cool slightly.
- Refry gently for 1-2 minutes until golden. Stack in 3 layers.
- Stack ‘em up Recipe is ready to serve.
Chips With a Kick Recipe
400g floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, King Edward and Desiree
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 2tsp Cajun seasoning
How to make Chips With a Kick
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6).
- Cut the potatoes (with the skins on) into 1cm slices and then cut into chips. Place in a large bowl or plastic bag, add the oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle on the seasoning and toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer to a non-stick baking tray and bake for 30-35 mins or until golden and crispy.
- Chips With a Kick Recipe is ready to serve.
Simple Fish and Chips Ingredients
For the fries:
1 gallon safflower oil
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- Kosher salt
For the batter:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 bottle brown beer, cold
- 1 1/2 pounds firm-fleshed whitefish (tilapia, pollock, cod), cut into
- 1-ounce strips
- Cornstarch, for dredging
How to make Simple Fish and Chips
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Heat the safflower oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven over high heat until it reaches 320 degrees.
- Using a V-slicer with a wide blade, slice the potatoes with the skin on. Place in a large bowl with cold water.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and Old Bay seasoning. Whisk in the beer until the batter is completely smooth and free of any lumps. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Note: The batter can be made up to 1 hour ahead of time.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly, removing any excess water. When oil reaches 320 degrees, submerge the potatoes in the oil. Working in small batches, fry for 2 to 3 minutes until they are pale and floppy. Remove from oil, drain, and cool to room temperature.
- Increase the temperature of the oil to 375 degrees. Re-immerse fries and cook until crisp and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain on roasting rack. Season with kosher salt while hot and hold in the oven.
- Allow oil to return to 350 degrees. Lightly dredge fish strips in cornstarch. Working in small batches, dip the fish into batter and immerse into hot oil. When the batter is set, turn the pieces of fish over and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain the fish on the roasting rack. Serve with malt vinegar.
- Simple Fish and Chips Recipe is ready to serve.
Kentucky Style Chips Ingredients
Allow 200-250g of potatoes per person
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of celery salt
- 5-6tbsp olive oil (for baked chips)
- Pre-heat dripping, lard or vegetable oil (for fried chips)
How to make Kentucky Style Chips
- Mix all of the spices together then use to season either fried chips or the baked style chunky chips.
- For fried chips follow traditional recipe above. For baked chips, heat the olive oil in a roasting tray in the oven then add the potatoes.
- With the baked ones you can actually add the seasoning at the beginning or half way through cooking.
- Kentucky Style Chips Recipe is ready to serve.