Chipotle Chicken Stew Ingredients
- 3 pounds skinned, boned chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled red potato (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch-thick) slices carrot
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 (16-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 (5-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 drained canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
How to make Chipotle Chicken Stew
- Place a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; sauté 7 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add oil to pan. Add onion; sauté 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add potato and the next 6 ingredients (potato through chiles); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add chicken and salt; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
Chipotle Chicken Stew is ready to serve.
Yield: 16 servings