Chinese dry beef and chillies Ingredients:
Chinese dry beef and chillies Recipe
- Beef (steak or cubes) 1/2 kg
- Green chillies 12 medium
- Large size Onions 2 medium size
- Cornflour 1/4 cup
- Chicken stock/soup 2-1/2 cups (see how to prepare below)
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Chinese Salt 1 tsp (teaspoon)
- Vinegar 1/4 cup
- Ordinary salt 1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce 1/4 cup
How to make Chinese dry beef and chillies:
- Thinly slice beef into approximately 1/2 inch, rectangular bitesize pieces.
- Boil these pieces with water and some salt.
- Use enough water to cook the meat until tender (the water should dry up).
- Do not add too much water or cook the meat too long.
- While the meat is boiling, peel and cut the onions into cubes.
- Cut chillies into half lenghtwise and remove the seeds with the tip of a knife.
- Handling the chillies with your hands can irritate your hands!
- Make a paste of cornflour with 1 cup of water.
- Heat oil and fry the beef pieces until slightly brown on medium heat.
- Add onion and chillies, frying a little after each addition.
- Add chinese salt, ordinary salt, vinegar, soya sauce and the chickenstock/soup cooking for 2 minutes.
- Before serving bring to boil, add cornflour paste very slowly, stirring to keep lumps from forming.
- Cook for a minute on medium heat for few minutes.
- Serve it with rice.