Recipes for chicken
Looking for Chicken Recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 3,000 trusted Chicken Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy quick and easy Chicken recipes from all over the world.Sponsored Links:
Goanese Chicken Curry Ingredients:
1 lb of boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1½” pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1” piece of ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp desiccated shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2-3 cloves
- 6-8 black peppercorns
- 1 stick of cinnamon (2” in length)
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3-4 dried red chilies, to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground cumin powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp dried tamarind pulp, soaked in ¼ cup hot water (or you can use
- 1 tsp tam concentrate or 1 tsp tamarind powder)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp oil, vegetable or canola
- freshly chopped cilantro leaves for garnish
How to make Goanese Chicken Curry
- Using a spice or clean coffee grinder, grind together the desiccated coconut, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon and cardamom into a fine powder. Set aside until needed.
- In a large deep skillet or wok on medium high heat, add the oil. When hot, add the cumin seeds and the onions. Let sauté until just slightly brown, and then add the garlic and ginger. Let sauté for 2-3 minutes and add dried red chilies and the spices (turmeric, garam masala, ground cumin powder, ground coriander powder and salt). Stir and let the spices cook for a few minutes before adding the chicken pieces along with the ground spice mixture. Mix well to coat all of the chicken pieces with the spices and aromatics. Let the chicken cook for 4-5 minutes before adding the tamarind (either the re-hydrated pulp along with its liquid, tam concentrate or tam powder). Now add the coconut milk, reduce the heat, cover and let simmer for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through yet moist and tender. If the curry is a bit thick, add a little water if you prefer. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves and serve with fresh chapatis and fragrant Basmati rice.
- Goanese Chicken Curry is ready to serve.
Chicken Hong Kong Ingredients:
6 pints water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp msg
- 2 tbsp peppercorn
- 1 ¾ lb chicken
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 6 oz Thai fragrant rice
- 4 pints water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp glutinous rice powder
- 8 fl oz water
- 1 oz young ginger, shredded very finely
- 2 stalks spring onions, cut finely
- Dash of pepper
- Chinese crullers, sliced
How to make Chicken Hong Kong
- Boil A in a saucepan. Add chicken and boil rapidly for 5 minutes, reduce heat, cover pan and simmer chicken for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and immerse in a basin cold water for 5 minutes. Debone chicken and set aside. Put bones back in saucepan to simmer with the chicken stock for 1 ½ hours.
- Strain chicken stock into another saucepan adding boiling water, if necessary, so that it measure 4 pints.
- Cut chicken meat into small cubes and mix with 1 tbsp light soy sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil. Put in a bowl, cover and set aside.
- While chicken is being cooked, boil rice with the salt and oil in a fairly large saucepan till porridge is thick and smooth, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Pour in the chicken stock, stir till well blended and bring to boil. Mix thickening and pour gradually into the porridge, stirring all the time. Simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
- Chicken Hong Kong is ready to serve.
Stuffed Chicken Charga Ingredients:
1 medium chicken pricked all over with a fork
- 2 cups rice boiled
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 onion ground to paste
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 2 tsp ginger/garlic paste
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cardamoms
- 10 whole black pepper
- 4 cloves
- Grind to paste
- 8-10 whole red chillies
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 8-10 garlic flakes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
How to make Stuffed Chicken Charga
- Marinate the chicken with the paste and lemon juice for one hour.
- In a pan heat ghee along with oil, add onion paste, bay leaves and
whole spices and fry for one to two minutes.
- Add marinated chicken and other ingredients.
- Cover the lid tightly.
- Cook on low flame.
- When cooked, fill it with boiled rice and cover with green onion leaves.
- Transfer it in the serving dish and garnish with boiled eggs.
- Stuffed Chicken Charga is ready to serve.
Fried Chicken Liver Kaleji Recipe
Fried Chicken Liver
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1 pound chicken liver trimmed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 Tb salt
- 2 Tb black pepper
- 1 Tsp poultry season
How to make Fried Chicken Liver Kaleji
- Heat oil to 340. In the meantime, soak livers in buttermilk for 5 min and set aside. In a large bowl mix flour, salt, pepper and poultry season. Now, shake excess buttermilk off chicken livers and add liver to flour. Do this in batches and set them on a plate. When oil reaches 340 place some liver in the oil and fry until golden (do this in batches). Drain liver on paper towel. I like hot sauce with these.
- Fried Chicken Liver Kaleji is ready to serve.
Mughlaee Chicken Boti Ingredients
Boneless chicken cut into small cubes, 1/2 kg
- Coconut, desicated 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts, roasted and powdered 18
- Garlic powder 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Red food colour 2-3 pinches
- Green chillies, coarsely ground 8, seeds removed
- Fresh coriander and mint, 3 1/2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Butter / oil 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 6 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Mughlaee Chicken Boti
- In a bowl mix all the spices and make a thick paste. Marinate chicken overnight in the refrigerator. Grease a baking tray with butter or oil, spread marinated chicken cubes on it and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10-15 minutes till chicken becomes crispy and tender.
Turn the chicken over halfway through baking. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with parathas or rice.
- Mughlaee Chicken Boti is ready to serve.
Chicken Masala Roast Ingredients
chicken – 1 about (1 kg)
- onions – 1 cup, sliced
- oil – ½ cup
- ginger – 2 cm
- grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- green chilies – 2
- coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, chopped
- pepper corns – ½ tsp
- cardamoms – 2
- cinnamon – 3 cm piece
- chili powder – ½ tsp
- curds – ½ cup
- salt to taste
How to make Chicken Masala Roast
- Clean the chicken, wash and wipe dry.
- Fry the onion slices in hot oil till brown and crisp. Drain and reserve.
- Grind all the ingredients from ginger to chili powder to a smooth paste.
Combine this paste with curds, salt and fried onions.
- Rub some of this mixture inside the chicken and pour the rest over it.
- Cover and marinate in frig over night.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Cook in a moderate oven,( 180 degrees C) brushing it at regular intervals with the oil in which onions were fried.
- When the top side is done, turn the chicken and cook the other side.
Serve hot with Roti and Dal.
- Chicken Masala Roast is ready to serve.
Mint and Lemon Chicken Ingredients
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
How to make Mint and Lemon Chicken
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken pieces and garlic. Toss with the flour just to coat, and shake off excess.
- Heat the margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces; cook and stir until browned. Add the mint leaves and lemon juice, cover and steam for about 5 minutes, just until the chicken is cooked through. Do not over cook the chicken or it will be tough.
- Mint and Lemon Chicken is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:20 Min
Chicken Cheese Balls Ingredients
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (5 ounce) can chunk chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
How to make Chicken Cheese Balls
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, ranch dressing mix and chicken. Form the mixture into a ball.
- On a cutting board or a piece of wax paper, spread the chopped pecans. Roll the ball in the pecans until it is fully coated. Wrap the ball in plastic and chill for at least one hour.
- Mint and Lemon Chicken Cutlets is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 15 Min
Mint and Lemon Chicken Cutlets Ingredients
1 1/4 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 bag(s) (4 ounces) baby watercress
How to make Mint and Lemon Chicken Cutlets
- Heat ridged grill pan over medium-high heat (or prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat).
- Pound chicken to uniform 1/4-inch thickness if necessary.
- From lemons, grate 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. In large bowl, whisk lemon peel and juice, oil, 2 tablespoons mint, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until dressing is blended.
- Reserve 1/4 cup dressing. In large bowl, toss chicken cutlets with remaining dressing. Place chicken in grill pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until juices run clear when breast is pierced with tip of knife, turning over once.
- To serve, toss watercress with reserved dressing and top with chicken. Sprinkle with additional chopped mint for garnish.
- Mint and Lemon Chicken Cutlets is ready to serve.
Sesame Fried Chicken Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 12 boneless skinless
- 1/2 cup milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Sesame Fried Chicken
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, sesame seeds, sage, thyme and paprika. Set aside 1/4 cup. Dip chicken in milk, then dredge or shake in remaining flour mixture.
- Heat 1/2 in. of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken on both sides until golden brown and juices run clear, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Drain oil, leaving drippings in pan. Stir in reserved flour mixture until bubbly; add chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
- Sesame Fried Chicken is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.