Recipes for chicken
Looking for Chicken Recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 3,000 trusted Chicken Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy quick and easy Chicken recipes from all over the world.Sponsored Links:
Chicken with Mango Sauce Ingredients:
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch-long pieces (chicken thigh works too)
- 1 red bell pepper, OR 1 sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup oil for pan-frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or rice flour) mixed with 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- Optional: extra 1/2 to 1 mango, cut into chunks (to finish the dish)
- Optional: 3-4 Tbsp. coconut milk OR water
- MANGO SAUCE:
- 2 fresh ripe mangos, fruit scooped out (or substitute 2 cups frozen or canned mango)
- 1 red chili, de-seeded and diced, OR 1 tsp. chili sauce OR 1/2 tsp. dried crushed chili
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar (OR white or apple cider)
- 1+1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 thumb-size piece galangal OR ginger, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, snipped into slivers with scissors (discard stem & central vein), OR zest of 1 lime
How to make Chicken with Mango Sauce:
- Place all ‘Mango Sauce’ ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process well, until more or less smooth.
- Taste-test the sauce. The goal is to reach a balance of sweet, sour, spicy, and salty. Add more sugar if you find the sauce too sour (this will depend on the sweetness of your mangoes). If not spicy enough, add more chili. If not salty enough, add more fish sauce. If too salty or too sweet, add more lime juice. Set aside.
- Stir the flour and salt together and place in a mixing-type bowl. Add the chicken pieces and turn or gently stir them to coat.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, then begin frying the chicken pieces. Fry 3-5 minutes per side, or until light golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set on paper towel, or a clean surface.
- Wash out the wok/frying pan, or use another (clean) one. Set over medium-high heat and add the mango sauce plus red pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce to a simmer (medium to low heat). If sauce becomes too thick, add 3-4 Tbsp. water or coconut milk. Simmer 3-4 minutes, or until pepper has softened slightly but still retains some crispness.
- Add the fried chicken pieces, gently stirring them in to cover with sauce. If desired, add chunks of mango (fruit of 1/2 to 1 ripe mango) too. Simmer briefly, just until everything is hot.
- Do a final taste-test for salt (tasting the sauce together with the chicken). Add a little more fish sauce or chili if desired.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with plenty of Thai jasmine-scented rice. Or, for an extra special treat, with my Easy Coconut Rice.
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup Ingredients:
- 1 quart chicken stock, recipe follows
- 1 stalk lemon grass, white part only, cracked open with the flat side of a knife
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, fresh or dried, hand torn
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small Thai chilies, halved lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (13-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can straw mushrooms, rinsed
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
How to make Thai Coconut Chicken Soup:
- Bring the stock to the boil over medium heat in a soup pot. Add the lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, ginger, chilies, and garlic. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and gently simmer for 10 minutes to let the spices infuse the broth.
- Uncover and stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, mushrooms, lime juice, and chicken. Simmer for 5 minutes to heat the chicken through; season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into a soup tureen or individual serving bowls. Garnish with cilantro. Be careful to avoid chewing the lemongrass, ginger, or lime leaves.
Chicken breasts with grapes Ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, halved
How to make Chicken breasts with grapes:
- Place chicken breast halves in a shallow baking dish; pour Marsala wine over the chicken breasts. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Remove chicken from wine marinade; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return marinade to refrigerator.
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium; add chicken breast halves. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is browned, tender, and juices run clear. Transfer chicken to serving dish; cover and keep warm. Add reserved marinade and the halved grapes to skillet. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Continue to boil for about 45 seconds. Pour over chicken. Serve with rice and a vegetable side dish.
Lemon & honey chicken Ingredients:
- 4 to 5 pounds chicken parts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
How to make Lemon & honey chicken:
- Wash chicken parts and pat dry. Arrange the chicken in single layer in a large shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Spoon lemon mixture over chicken; refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, turning several times to coat well.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain well, reserving marinade. Arrange chicken in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Brush some of the reserved marinade on the chicken and bake for about 30 minutes longer, basting several times. Chicken should be browned and cooked through.
- Garnish chicken with lemon slices and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Boil remaining marinade for 1 minute and spoon a little over the chicken just before serving, or serve separately. Serve with hot cooked rice or noodles.
Chilli Chicken Recipe Indian Style Ingredients:
- 500-600gms. boneless chicken (cut into1-inch cubes)
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp corn flour / corn starch
- 5-6 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 green onion tops (finely chopped), if available
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Salt To Taste
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- A pinch of ajinomoto (optional)
- 2 cups chicken broth / water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Oil to fry
How to make Chilli Chicken Recipe Indian Style:
- Take 1tbsp. Soya sauce, 1tbsp. corn flour, salt, egg in a bowl and marinate chicken pieces in the the mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown.
- Now in a separate wok / kadhai heat 1 tbsp. oil and add garlic paste and green chilies and sauté for few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth or water. Bring to boil and add sugar, pepper powder, salt , ajinomoto and remaining Soya sauce.
- Add fried chicken pieces to it and cook for few minutes.
- Dissolve the remaining corn flour in 1/2 cup water and add to the curry stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve chilli chicken hot garnished with chopped green onion tops. Goes well with steamed / boiled rice.
Sweet and Sticky chicken drumsticks Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Chinese barbecue sauce (Char Sui)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
How to make Sweet and Sticky chicken drumsticks:
- Mix barbecue sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger in a resealable storage bag to blend. Add chicken, seal bag, and toss to coat with sauce. Refrigerate at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.
- Position rack 8 to 10 inches from broiler and preheat broiler.
- Line a large, heavy, rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty foil. Transfer chicken and marinade to baking sheet and broil 25 minutes, turning occasionally and watching closely, or until chicken is cooked through and marinade glazes chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds and serve.
Honey Glazed Roast Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 whole fryer chicken, about 5lbs
- 3/4 stick butter at room temp
- 5 srigs rosemary
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- FOR THE glaze
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 table spoon vinegar(any type of white)
How to make Honey Glazed Roast Chicken:
- remove giblets rinse chicken and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- pre heat oven to 375f
- combine butter, zest from lemon(about 11/2 tsp) and finely chopped leaves from three rosemary sprigs, meanwhile reduce wine by half in a saucepan on high, and combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl and wisk.
- with your fingers seperate the skin from the breast and leg meat of the chicken, rub half the herbed butter on the meat under the skin. pour reduced wine and the juice from the lemon over chicken. stuff the lemon rind and remaining rosemary into the cavity.
- with remaining butter divided in 2 and place each on a peice of plastic wrap, fold and roll makeing 2 small logs, place in the fridg.
- roast chicken 20mins add 1/4 cup water to roasting pan, roast 15mins more and brush chicken with glaze doing so every 10mins till chicken is done about 45mins (internal temp should reach 170f)allow chicken to rest 10mins serve with butter logs.
- a couple of notes: instead of butter logs the drippings in the pan can be reduced on a medium high burner and served as a sauce. also veggies can be roasted in the pan under the chicken, but they will be lemony and sweet from the honey.
Broccoli lemon chicken Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 can cream of broccoli soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin lemon slices
How to make Broccoli lemon chicken:
Heat oil in a skillet. Saute chicken breasts about 10 minutes, until browned on both sides. Pour off fat. Combine soup, milk, lemon juice and pepper. Pour over chicken. Top each chicken piece with a slice of lemon. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 5 – 10 minutes until chicken is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over your favorite cooked pasta.
Lemon Roast Chicken with Croutons Ingredients:
- 1 (4 to 5-pound) roasting chicken
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- Good olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 cups (3/4-inch) bread cubes (1 baguette or round boule)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
How to make Lemon Roast Chicken with Croutons:
- Take the giblets out of the chicken and wash it inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers. Toss the onion with a little olive oil in a small roasting pan. Place the chicken on top and sprinkle the inside of the cavity with salt and pepper. Place the lemons inside the chicken. Pat the outside of the chicken dry with paper towels, brush it with the melted butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
- Roast for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh. Cover with foil and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. (The onions may burn, but the flavor is good.)
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until very hot. Lower the heat to medium-low and saute the bread cubes, tossing frequently, until nicely browned, 8 to
- 10 minutes. Add more olive oil, as needed, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the croutons on a serving platter. Slice the chicken and place it, plus all the pan juices, over the croutons. Sprinkle with salt and serve warm.
Creamy Chicken Pumpkin Risotto Ingredients:
- 2-4 Chicken Thigh fillets (skin off)
- 1/4 cup (approx) spring onions (chopped)
- 2 large Mushrooms
- 1 cup raw Arborio Rice
- 2 cups of hot water
- 2 Bacon stock cubes
- 2 cups (approx) milk
- 2 low fat cheese slices
- 1 cup (approx) steamed pumpkin and broccoli (mostly pumpkin)
How to make Creamy Chicken Pumpkin Risotto:
- Chop and fry the chicken until browned.
- Add the Spring onions and mushrooms (thinly sliced) and fry until the chicken is browning/mushrooms are soft.
- Add the raw rice and stir until the rice is warmed. Add the bacon stock cubes to the water, and pour half of this into the frying pan. Bring to the boil.
- Add the remaining water-stock as needed and simmer while stirring. As the mixture starts to get drier (the rice absorbs the liquid) keep adding up the milk.
- When the rice is softening, add the vegetables and cheese.
- Keep stirring and adding more milk until the rice is cooked (soft). Then serve.