Recipes for chicken salad
Lemon Chicken Salad Ingredients:
1 small head of green leaf lettuce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- vinaigrette salad dressing to taste
How to make Lemon Chicken Salad
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Tear into small pieces and set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips and then cut strips into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan, add the chicken, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add lemon juice, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Toss the lettuce with the vinaigrette dressing. Add chicken, lemon, and tarragon mixture and toss.
- Lemon Chicken Salad is ready to serve.
- Serve immediately.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 cup
Tandoori Chicken Salad Ingredients
4 (4 oz) chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless shopping list
- 8 cups mixed salad greens shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, blanched shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh mint shopping list
- 3/4 cup canned pineapple tidbits, drained shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) container yogurt, mango flavored shopping list
- 2 tbsp garam masala shopping list
- 1 tbsp curry powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 4 lime wedges shopping list
How to make Tandoori Chicken Salad
- Combine honey mustard dressing, curry powder and ground cumin in a small sized bowl. Place in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to serve.
- In a baking dish, stir together garam masala, yogurt, and lemon juice.
Add the chicken to the dish, turn to coat well. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning from time to time.
- Preheat an outdoor grill at high heat. Oil the grill grate, lightly with a brush and grill chicken until done, around 6-8 minutes per side.
- Mix together pineapple, onion, raisins, and almonds in a small sized bowl.
- Now, in a large bowl, mix the greens with dressing and 3/4 of the pineapple mixture. Separate the salad evenly among 4 plates and sprinkle equal amounts of the almond mixture onto each salad. Place the grilled chicken on top of each, then garnish with a mint sprig and a lime wedge. Serve.
- Tandoori Chicken Salad is ready to serve.
20 minutes to make
Hot Chicken Salad Ingredients
2 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped salted almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cups crushed potato chips
How to make Hot Chicken Salad
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the chicken, celery, almonds, bell pepper, onion, pimento, salt, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Mix well and pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with grated cheese and the crushed potato chips. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Hot Chicken Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:25 Min
Ready In:35 Min
Servings : 11
Grape Chicken Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups macaroni, or other pasta, cooked
- 1-2 cups chicken or turkey, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup grapes, washed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, or nuts of your choice
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, for garnish
How to make Grape Chicken Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta, and chicken (or turkey). Cool and chill. Mix salad dressing and Cool Whip. Toss the pasta, chicken, grapes, nuts, celery and onion together in a large bowl. Add the salad dressing and Cool Whip mixture. Toss to coat the salad evenly. Sprinkle the top with paprika. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Grape Chicken Pasta Salad is ready to serve.
BBQ Chicken Salad Ingredients
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
How to make BBQ Chicken Salad
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grate. Grill chicken 10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and cube.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, red bell pepper, onion, and corn.
- In a small bowl, mix together the barbeque sauce and mayonnaise. Pour over the chicken and veggies. Stir, and chill until ready to serve.
- BBQ Chicken Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:50 Min
Yield 4 servings
Chicken Veggie Pasta Salad Ingredients
1 cup seashell pasta
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 3 green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
How to make Chicken Veggie Pasta Salad
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, green onions, bell pepper, olives and cucumber.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Chill for 2 hours before serving; sprinkle with sunflower seeds if desired.
- Chicken Veggie Pasta Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 25 Min
Chinese Chicken Coleslaw Salad Ingredients
4 cups packaged broccoli coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 2 large tangerines, seedless, peeled and segments divided
- 9 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/2 cup radish, sliced
- 1/3 cup tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
How to make Chinese Chicken Coleslaw Salad
- 1Place broccoli slaw, tangerines, chicken and radishes in a large salad bowl; set aside.2Combine remaining ingredients and pour over salad; toss to coat.3Yields 2 cups per serving.
- Chinese Chicken Coleslaw Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time:15 mins
Chicken Macaroni Salad Ingredients
2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder
How to make Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook chicken Until no longer pink and juices run clear. Please rest Until cool enough to handle, then shred with two forks. Set aside 4 cups of shredded meat.
- In a medium pot with Boiling salted water, cook elbow macaroni Until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the cooked chicken, drained vegetables, shredded lettuce, and mayonnaise. Add basil, pepper, salt, and garlic powder to taste.
- Add drained elbow macaroni to chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
- Please tick for Several hours before serving.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 4 Hrs
Vietnamese Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 4 single chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 (about 730g) wombok (Chinese cabbage), hard core removed, finely shredded
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 2 small carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 110g (2 cups) trimmed bean sprouts
- 2 fresh red birdseye chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lime juice
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 55g (1/3 cup) roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
How to make Vietnamese Chicken Salad:
- Place the chicken in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, turning once, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Drain and set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Coarsely shred.
- Combine the wombok, mint, coriander, carrot, cucumber, shallot and bean sprouts in a bowl. Whisk the chilli, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a small jug.
- Add the chicken to the salad and toss to combine. Drizzle over dressing. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with peanuts to serve.
Mango Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 8 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), grilled and thinly sliced
MANGO SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 large ripe mangoes or 4 medium peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
How to make Mango Chicken Salad
- Divide lettuce and salad greens among six plates.
- Top with the tomatoes, cucumber and chicken.
- In a blender, combine the mangos, lime juice, salt and cayenne; cover and process until smooth.
- mango chicken salad is ready to serve with salad.
- Sprinkle with sunflower kernels.
Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
Yield: 6 servings.