Spicy Chicken Paratha Ingredients
300 gms chicken breast (vegetarians can substitute it with Boiled potatoes)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1/4 cup tomato cubes
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (kalimirch) powder
- finely chopped ginger (adrak) and coriander (dhania)
- turmeric powder (haldi) and salt to taste
For Paratha Base
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp ghee or oil
How to make Spicy Chicken Paratha
- Mix all the paratha ingredients (except ghee/oil) with water to make it into a nonsticky dough.
- Add ghee/oil to the dough kneed it well into the dough and leave dough aside covered with a damp cloth until the stuffing is prepared.
- Cook chicken breast with little water and salt until soft.
- When cooked squeeze and drain water from chicken.
- Pinch it into small pieces with your fingers to make it more or less minced.
- Heat oil in thava. fry onion, tomatoe, capcicum and ginger one after another. add chicken pieces followed by chilli powder, pepper, turmeric powder and salt(to taste.)
- Cook well and reduce all the moisture. add cilantro at the last.
- Divide the dough into small equal portions.
- Roll each portion into thin circles. roll two at a time.
- Take one rolled dough and spread the stuffing in the center leave the edges. cover it with another rolled dough portion.
- Seal the edges and press it will a fork.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of ghee/oil in a frying pan /or thava.
- Place the paratha gently in the pan and fry both the sides until golden.
- I know you can”nt resist any more.
- So relish the mouth watering spicy paratha immediately with ritha or any side dish of your choice.
- Allow two per person. its quite filling and very tasty.
- Spicy Chicken Paratha is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 45mins
Cooking Time: 30mins