Lahori Chicken Chargha Ingredients:
- 2 kg. chicken,( skinless & cut in large pieces with 3 deep slits on each piece )
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp crushed red chilies
- 2 tbsp red chillies powder
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg & mace powder
- Pinch of red/orange food color
- 1 tbsp oil,for cooking
- Extra oil,for frying
How to make Lahori Chicken Chargha:
- Rinse and clean chicken.Pat dry with paper towels.
- Make deep insertions/cuts on each piece of chicken using a sharp knife to allow the marinade to penetrate well.
- Place chicken in a dish and keep aside.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl to make a paste.
- Rub this paste on each chicken piece,as well as on cuts.
- Pour the remaining marinade on chicken,cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to allow the chicken to absorb the flavors.
- Now heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan,put chicken and marinade in the pan.
- Cook,uncovered for 15-20 minutes ( turning occasionally ) or until chicken is tender and the water dries out. See Photo
- Remove chicken pieces.Heat oil for deep-frying.
- When oil is hot,fry chicken pieces in batches on medium-high heat until it turns golden brown on both sides and is roasted well.
- Remove from oil.Drain on absorbent paper.
- Quickly sprinkle Chaat masala on both sides.Squeeze lemon juice and serve hot.