Chana Dal Ingredients:
1 cup chana daal (soaked for an hour but not necessary)
- 1 teaspoon haldi
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 onion chopped 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup ghee or half stick of butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- green chili or red to taste
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon zeera ground and 1tbs. chopped cilantro (hara dhania dhania) for garnish
How to make Chana Dal
- Add the daal in a small sauce pan with 1 glass of water to cover the daal add 1/2 teaspoon haldi,1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the daal is tender but not to soft.
- In another pot saute the onions and garlic until they are golden.
- Add tomato,half teaspoon haldi,pepper and spices.
- Cook until tomato is tender.
- Add the daal including the water that it cooked in.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until desired thickness.
- Chana Dal Recipe is ready to serve.