Kofta Nahari Chana Ingredients
Beef (bong) 1 kg
- Fennel, cumin, dry ginger (grind together) 1 tsp
- Oil 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chilies 2 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Flour 1/2 cup
- Ginger/ garlic paste 1 tsp
- Onion (big) 1
- Cloves powder 8
- Cardamom grind 6
- Beef (mince) 1/2 kg
- Salt to taste
- Red chilies per taste
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Ginger powder 1 tsp
- Green chilies (grinded) 1 tsp
- Green coriander (thinly cut) 1 cup
- Chana (bhuna, grind it) 1 tbsp
- Khaskhas 1 tsp
- Chana (white, boiled) 250 gms
How to make Kofta Nahari Chana
- In a pan heat oil then golden brown onion in it. .
- Add ingredients of Nahari in this pan.
- Again mix well and stir-fry.
- Make paste of flour and fry it in a pan then add it in the above nahari pan.
- Mix well, stir for few minutes, and add enough water to soak meat in it.
- Then tightly cover the lid on pan and cook for several hours on medium heat.
- When meat is tender and gravy thickens with good smell.
- Simmer a little and put off flame. Nahari is ready.
- In beef mice add ingredients of koftas. .
- Mix well and make round balls. Shallow fry them.
- In Nahari pan put all the koftas.
- Mix them gently with gravy and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Now add boiled canas in this Nahari pan, cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Then put this pan on ‘Dum’. In another pan heat oil and brown ginger in it.
- Pour this ginger in Nahari pan to give Tarka. Put off flame and garnish.
- Nahari with green coriander leaves, green chilies and ginger. Serve with naan.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 3 Hours