Home / Tag Archives: chakra
Chakra Pongal Ingredients:
- 1 cup Rice, uncooked
- ½ cup Split Moong Dal (Pesara Pappu, Yellow Lentils)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Cashews
- 1 tsp Raisins
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Seeds
- 1 tsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
How to make Chakra Pongal:
- Mix rice and dal together, wash well and pressure cook till cooked. Don’t add any salt.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick bowl or thick bottomed bowl, heat ghee and add cashews along with cardamom seeds and fry till the cashews turn golden brown in color. Then add raisins along with milk and sugar and mix well.
- Leave the milk and sugar mixture on the stove for some time on a medium flame until the milk boils and starts to thicken. Keep stirring now and then.
- Later add the cooked rice and dal mixture to the boiling milk and mix very well. Leave it again for on a low flame for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Enjoy this sweet pongal either at room temperature or cold.