Recipes for cauliflower
Cauliflower Carrot pickle Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 kgs vegetables (Cauliflower (Phool gobi), Carrot (Gajar) and Turnips (Shalgam)) Take the weight after cleaning and cutting them. Cut the carrots into long pieces, turnips into round slices and cauliflower into small pieces.
- 1/4 cup Ginger (Adrak)
- 3/4 cup Salt (Namak)
- 2 cups Vinegar (Sirka)
- 200 grams jaggery
- 4 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 8 teaspoons ground spices
- 3 cups Oil (Tel)
- 6 teaspoons mustard powder
- 25 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
How to make Cauliflower Carrot pickle:
- Boil water and remove it from the fire.
- Put the vegetables in it and keep it covered with a lid for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables in a basket to remove as much water as possible.
- Heat the oil till smoky, cool for 2 minutes.
- Fry ground garlic and ginger till brown.
- Cool the oil, then add 1/2 cup of water and cover the vessel with lid.
- Again put it on the fire and cook till water is evaporated.
- Add all the ingredients and vegetables and cook on a hot fire till it leaves the oil.
- Cool and put the pickle in the jar.
- Keep it in the sun for 8 days (in winter) and shake it daily.
- This pickle can be kept for six months or more.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 cups hard-cooked eggs, diced (optional)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
How to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad:
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
- In a medium sized salad bowl, layer in order the broccoli, cauliflower, eggs, cheese and bacon.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Drizzle dressing over top and serve.
Gobhi Mussalam Ingredients
- 1 kilogram cauliflower
- 200ml oil
- 50 gramss cashew nuts paste
- 80gms yogurt
- 30 gramss brown onion paste
- salt to taste
- 30 gramss chickpea flour
- Red chili powder to taste
- 30gsm ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Garam masala
- chopped coriander
- 8gms turmeric powder
- ginger for garnish
How to make Gobhi Mussalam
- Per boil cauliflower with salt and turmeric.
- Heat oil and add chicpea flour,yogurt,salt,turmeric and red chili powder,ginger,garlic paste and saute for 5-7min.
- Add onion paste,cashew nut paste,water fry for another 5-10min.
- Add cauliflower and mix gently,ensuring that it does not break
- Place in a over proof dish and finish in a preheated oven at 160 degree for 5-10min till the gravy gets brown.
- Garnish with ginger and coriander and serve hot.
Shahi Gobhi Ingredients
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 big onions
- pod garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- tsp turmeric
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 6 pepper corns
- 1 cup oil & Salt to taste
How to make Shahi Gobhi
- Clean and deep fry the cauliflower without cutting it into pieces.
- Fry it till it has turned brown from all sides.
- Take it out & keep it aside.
- Grind together 1 onion, ginger & garlic to fine paste.
- Then to the same oil add the bay leaf, cloves and peppercorns then put 1 chopped onions & fry till it turns dark brown.
- Add the masala paste along with other dry masala mentioned in the ingredients.
- After this masala is done add the chopped tomatoes fry it then put the deep fried flower in this prepared masala.
- See to it that the flower gets completely covered with the masala.
- Keep it on slow fire for 5 min. While serving garnish it with fried potatochips and fresh coriander leaves.
Phool Ghobi (Cauliflower) Ingredients:
- Cauliflower 1 washed, drained and separated into florets
- Corn flour 4 tablespoon
- Eggs 2
- White flour 1 tablespoon- mixed with chicken stock cube
- Black pepper 1 tablespoon
- White flour 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
how to make Phool Ghobi (Cauliflower)
- Mix well all above ingredients except cauliflower and oil in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a karahi; dip each floret in the egg mixture and deep fry on low heat, drain on absorbent kitchen paper, and sprinkle with a pinch of gram flour.
- Serve with green chutney.
- 8-10 small Phool Gobi piece
- 4-5 tablespoon of besan ( gram flour)
- 2-3 green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Black salt powder
How to make Phool Gobi Ka Pakora
- Take 8-10 small Phool Gobi pieces wash it in the running water and bring it to boil for 4 mins in the micro-oven.
- In a bowl put 4-5 tablespoon of besan (gram flour), 2-3 green chili, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, salt to taste and add little by little water and make a not so thick batter.
- Take a non-stick frying pan heat 1 cup of vegetable and dip the gobi pieces into the batter, put it into the oil and fry it till it become golden brown in color.
- Phool Gobi ka pakora is ready to serve hot with tomato sauce or coriander chutney for evening snacks. You can also garnish the fried phool gobi with black salt powder.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 potato (alu)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 cup cauliflower (phool gobi)
- 1 cup cabbage (patta gobi)
- 2 green chilly (hari mirch)
- 1 tbsp coriander (dhania patti)
- 1/4 tsp azinonotto powder
- 1 cup refined flour (maida)
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
- oil for frying
- 1 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 tsp salt (namak)
How to make vegetable kebab :
- Boil, peel and grate potato.
- Grate paneer also.
- Finely chop dhania and hari mirch.
- Grate both the gobis.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry both gobis with azinomotto powder.
- After frying for few minutes, add alu, paneer, hari mirch and 1/2 tsp namak and cook until the water dries up.
- Remove it from the flame and let it cool.
- Make small balls of the mixture and keep aside.
- Make a batter by mixing maida, 1/2 tsp salt, lal mirch and 1 cup water.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip all the balls in maida batter and deep fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Serve them hot.
- 2 Small cauliflowers(gobi)
- 3 Green chillis, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Dhania powder
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
How to make Gobi Paratha Recipe:
- Chop the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with salt and mix properly. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Take little amount of cauliflower and squeeze to remove water.
- Add onions, dhania powder, chilli powder, jeera powder, ginger paste, coriander leaves, and green chillies.
- Mix well and add salt to taste.
- Prepare dough as for a chapatti.
- Flatten a small portion of dough and put some mixture in the center.
- Draw the edges towards center to cover the mixture.
- Roll out in the form of paratha.
- Heat a griddle and fry the paratha on it.
- Smear ghee on it while frying.
- Serve hot with curd.
- 900 gms (2 lb.) cauliflower.
- 450 gms (1 lb.) potatoes
- 450 gms (1 lb.) green peas
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 sliced onions
- 4 tblsp ghee
- ghee for deep frying
- 1/2 tsp saffron (optional)
- 2 tblsp curd
- To Be Ground Into A Paste
- 2 tblsp coriander seeds
- 25 mm (1″) piece ginger
- 12 cloves
- 16 kashmiri chillies
How to make Mughlai Cauliflower:
* Wash and cut all the vegetables in to big pieces.
* Heat ghee in a pan and fry onion till they turn light brown.
* Make paste of fried onions.
* In a pan heat ghee and fry chopped onions.
* Add chilli paste and fry it for a few minutes.
* After adding the vegetables add three cups of water.
* Cover it with a lid and cook them till they become tender.
* Now add the fried onions’ paste and salt.
* In curd crush saffron and add to the vegetables and cook for another minute.
* Serve hot.
- 4 cup cauliflower – separated into small florets
- 2 tsp ginger – minced (add more if you like ginger flavor)
- 1 tbsp garlic – minced
- 3 tbsp maida (all-purpose flour)
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 red onion – diced
- 1 green bell pepper – diced
- 2 green chillies – slitted and cut in halves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp green spring onions – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 3 tbsp oil (for saute)
- 2 cups oil (for frying)
- Wash the cauliflower florets and semi-boil them in salt water for few minutes. Drain the water completely and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Mix maida, corn flour, salt, red chilli powder, white pepper powder, ginger garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, and ajinomoto in a bowl. Make a thick paste and add cauliflower and toss in to coat it with the paste.
- Heat some oil and deep fry the cauliflower florets and drain the excess oil with a paper towel. Keep this aside.
- Now heat 3 tbsp oil in a wide saucepan on high flame. Then saute the red onions, green peppers, ginger garlic, green chilli for a few mins and once they turn slightly tender, add the fried cauliflower along with soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli garlic sauce and salt. Toss everything and mix well for few minutes until the masala becomes dry. Finally add the green onions and lower the heat to low flame. Keep stirring for another couple mins, then set aside.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve Vegetable Gobi Manchurian Dry with Vegetable Fried Rice for a satisfying meal!