Recipes for carrot
Carrot Juice Ingredients:
- 8 Large Fresh Cleaned Carrots
- 2 Large Fresh Peeled Oranges
- 1 Large Fresh Mint Sprig (Optional Garnish)
- Serving Size 1
- 127 Calories Per Serving
- 0 Grams Of Fat
How to make Carrot Juice:
To begin this wonderful recipe you will first need to take out your juicer and plug it in. Give the machine a quick once over to make sure it’s clean and sterile. Next peel both of your oranges and then set them aside. Moving forward, next you will want to thoroughly wash and rinse your carrots under cold running tap water. If your juicer isn’t particularly large, you may want to quarter your carrots in order to avoiding stressing your machine. Finally you will want to put a tall glass under your juice spout. With your juicer turned on, you can now begin feeding in your carrots one by one, followed by both oranges. Depending on the freshness and moisture content of your produce, you many want to adjust your proportions accordingly. Once all of the juice has drained into your glass, give it a quick stir to make sure both of the ingredients are even and well distributed. As an optional garnish add one fresh mint sprig to your glass.
Carrot Soup Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water, or as needed
How to make Carrot Soup:
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion until tender and translucent. Stir in the curry powder. Add the chopped carrots, and stir until the carrots are coated. Pour in the vegetable broth, and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the carrots and broth to a blender, and puree until smooth. Pour back into the pot, and thin with water to your preferred consistency.
Carrot Soup with Ginger Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons sweet cream butter
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Salt and white pepper
- Sour cream
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish
How to make Carrot Soup with Ginger:
- In a 6-quart pan, over medium high heat, add butter and onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are limp. Add broth, carrots, and ginger. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Don’t fill the blender more than half way, do it in batches if you have to. Cover the blender and then hold a kitchen towel over the top of the blender*. Be careful when blending hot liquids as the mixture can spurt out of the blender. Pulse the blender to start it and then puree until smooth. Return to the pan and add cream, stir over high heat until hot. For a smoother flavor bring soup to a boil, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with dollop sour cream and parsley sprigs.
- *When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.
Carrot Jam Ingredients:
- Chopped carrots to fill a 1 litre bowl (Four cups) of chopped carrots. Be sure to chop the carrots up nice and small; this will help bring out the carrots’ flavours a lot easier.
- Three cups sugar
- Three sliced lemons
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- A half teaspoon cloves
- Makes 4 half-pint jars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
How to make Carrot Jam:
- Add all the ingredients into a saucepan, and simmer slowly at a gentle heat. It is recommended that you stir the ingredients constantly, especially at the earlier stages of the cooking.
- After about 20 minutes, the carrots should eventually begin to soften, and the jam will become thick. To make the jam smooth, put everything in a liquidiser and blend for a few minutes.
- Obviously, the Victorians didn’t have liquidisers, but the results are far more pleasing using this method.
- Although the jam can be used immediately, the flavour improves more after a few days.
Carrot Cake Jam Ingredients:
- 2 Cups, carrots shredded
- 1 Can pineapple, including juice
- 2 Cups, apples chopped
- 1-1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 Package ball simple creations freezer jam pectin
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
How to make Carrot Cake Jam:
- Stir sugar, contents of pectin package, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl till well blended, keep aside.
- Combine pineapple with juice, carrots and apple in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil on medium-high flame, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and decrease the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Crush the fruit mixture with a potato masher and allow it to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Combine the fruit mixture with the pectin mixture, stir for about 3 minutes.
- Ladle the jam into clean jars with 1/4 inch headspace
- Let stand till thickened for about 30 minutes.
Chicken With Vegetables Ingredients:
- chicken(square shape)1 cup
- carrot&cabbage1 cup
- ajinomoto 12teasp
- sugar 12teasp
- soya sauce 2tablesp
- cornflour 2 tablespoon
- yakhni 1 cup
- onion(square shape) 12 cup
- salt to taste
How to make Chicken With Vegetables
- Boil all vegetables except for onion.
- Heat oil add onionClick to find more about onion cabbage and carrot,now add yakhni salt sugar ajinomoto & soya sauce.
- Now mix them and now add pate of cornflour and mix them well.
Curried Carrot And Apple Soup Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Curry powder
- 5 Large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 2 Large McIntosh or other apples, peeled and coarsely chopped (3 cups)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 1/2 cups Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Low-fat plain yogurt for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh parsley, dill or basil for garnish (optional)
How to make Curried Carrot And Apple Soup:
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or medium soup pot over medium heat. Stir in onion and celery; cook until the onion is softened and translucent, 8 to 12 minutes; do not brown.
- Stir in curry powder, then add carrots, apples and bay leaf. Stir well over medium heat for 2 minutes, then add broth and salt. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover tightly and simmer until the carrots and apples are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Using a large slotted spoon, transfer the soup solids to a food processor, adding about 1/2 cup of the broth; process to a smooth puree. Pour the puree back into the soup. Reheat and season with pepper. Serve piping hot, garnishing each serving, if you like, with a dab of yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
Carrot Soup Ingredients:
- 1 lb fresh carrots
- 1 medium Russet (or other starchy) potato
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 qt vegetable broth or stock
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper, to taste
How to make Carrot Soup:
- Peel the carrots, then trim the top and bottom ends. Cut carrots into (roughly) same-sized pieces, about ½ inch to 1 inch thick, depending on diameter. Don’t worry about precision — the soup is going to be puréed anyway. We just want the pieces to be of uniform size so that they cook evenly.
- Peel the potato and cut it into pieces about the same size as the carrots.
- In a heavy-bottomed soup pot, heat the butter over a low-to-medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onion is slightly translucent, stirring more or less continuously.
- Add the wine and cook for another minute or two or until the wine seems to have reduced by about half.
- Add the stock and the potato. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the carrots and potatoes are soft enough that they can easily be pierced with a knife. Don’t let them get mushy, though.
- Remove from heat and purée in a blender, working in batches if necessary.
- Tip: Use care when processing hot items in a blender as the hot steam can sometimes blow the blender lid off. Start on a slow speed with the lid slightly ajar to vent any steam, then seal the lid and increase the blending speed.
- Return puréed soup to pot and bring to a simmer again, adding more broth or stock to adjust the thickness if necessary.
- Season to taste with Kosher salt and white pepper.
- Garnish with a toasted crouton and serve right away
Carrot and Zucchini Muffins ingredients
- 1/4 c. canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 c. applesauce shopping list
- 1 c. grated carrots shopping list
- 1 c. grated zucchini shopping list
- 1 c. all-purpose whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 t. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt
How to make Carrot and Zucchini Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and sugar.
- Beat in egg, then applesauce.
- Stir in carrots and zucchini.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet, until just mixed.
- Spoon batter to the very top of sprayed, paper-lined muffin cups and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in a muffin.
- 3 cups water
- 230gms carrots (scraped and cut into 2″long sticks)
- 1-1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 th tsp each ground mace, cloves and cardamom
- 2tsp salt
- 1/4 th cup shredded jaggery (gur)
- 1/3rd cup mustard oil
How to make Gaajar Ka Achar( Carrot Pickle):
- Boil the water in 2-liter saucepan.
- Add carrots and blanch for a minute.
- Drain the water and then spread carrots on a clean cloth and sundry (or spread them on a towel lined cookie tray and air dry in an oven (200-degree Fahrenheit) for an hour).
- In a bowl mix the mace, cloves, cardamom, salt and jaggery.
- Add the carrots and toss to mix. Transfer to a sterilized glass jar.
- Pour the mustard oil into a small saucepan and place it over a moderate heat.
- As soon as oil begins to smoke remove it from the heat and cool it for 4 minutes, then pour it into the jar and cover it with a clean cloth.
- Set the jar in sunlight for 13-14 days, bringing it indoor every night.
- Shake the jar two or three times daily.