Recipes for Caramel
Caramel Custard Pudding Ingredients:
Sugar – 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup
- Whole eggs – 3
- Egg yolks – 3
- Whole milk – 3 cups
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
How to make Caramel Custard Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Keep ready an ungreased 9″ round baking dish.
- Carefully cook 1/2 cup of sugar over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, stirring constantly until it is melted and turns golden and then very dark brown.
- Immediately pour the hot caramel syrup into the baking dish and swirl the pan until it coats the bottom.
- Please note the caramel will harden at this point and melt again later as the flan bakes.
- Now whisk the eggs, egg yolks and the remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Gradually add in the milk and vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture into the baking dish on top of the hardened caramel syrup. Set the baking dish in a larger baking pan and fill the larger pan with hot water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Please note the center should be slightly soft, as the flan will finish cooking after it is removed from the oven.
- 1 Let it cool in the water bath, then remove baking dish from water bath and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or upto 8 hours.
- 1 Before serving, run a sharp knife around the edge of the flan to release it. Place a large serving plate over the baking dish and using both hands, invert the dish so that the flan and the liquid sauce unmold onto the platter. Refrigerate again until serving time.
Caramel Custard Pudding is ready to serve.
Coffee Fudge Cake with Caramel Crunch Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 2 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, or cold coffee
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
How to make Coffee Fudge Cake with Caramel Crunch:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13-by-9-inch baking pan. In large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup margarine and chocolate. Add water; bring to a boil. Stir in oats, sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, chocolate syrup, liqueur, vanilla and eggs; mix well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir flour, baking soda and salt into chocolate mixture, mixing well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. As soon as cake is removed from oven, in small saucepan combine all topping ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over hot cake. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for about 2 minutes or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
Caramel Iced Coffee Ingredients
3 cups of crushed ice or ice cubes.
- 1 ½ cups of cold coffee.
- ½ cup of whole milk.
- ½ cup of granulated sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup.
- 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Pinch of vanilla extract.
How to make Caramel Iced Coffee
- In a blender, combine the cold coffee, whole milk, sugar, caramel and chocolate syrups, and salt.
- Blend on medium speed for 20 seconds.
- Add a pinch of vanilla extract and 3 cups of ice. Blend on high speed until the drink is smooth and creamy.
- Caramel Iced Coffee Recipe is ready to serve.
Caramel Corn Snack Mix Ingredients
8 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal squares
- 2 cups small pretzel twists
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
How to make Caramel Corn Snack Mix
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, cereal, pretzels and pecans.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; cook without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees F) for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Transfer to large piece of parchment paper and cool completely. Break into chunks once cool.
- Caramel Corn Snack Mix Recipe is ready to serve.
Caramel Apple Trifle Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Additional apple pie spice, optional
How to make Caramel Apple Trifle
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the apples, walnuts, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/2 cup caramel topping and remaining apple pie spice. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In a 3-1/2-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, cream cheese mixture and apple mixture. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Sprinkle with additional apple pie spice if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Caramel Apple Trifle is ready to serve.
Yield: 14 servings.
Prep: 40 min. + chilling
Mango Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
How to make Mango Caramel Sauce:
- Place the mango in a food processor and process until smooth. Pass the mixture through a strainer into a bowl.
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat and cook until dark amber brown. Slowly add the heavy cream and mango puree and whisk until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Cook’s Note: this sauce is great on ice cream, pound cake and angel food cake.
Caramel Egg Pudding Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar
2-3 Tablespoons water
4 cups (1 litre) milk
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
How to make Caramel Egg Pudding:
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 2-3 tablesppons of water and heat in a pan on moderate heat until it turns dark golden brown (caramalised). Pour and the mixture onto the bottom of a baking dish and spread it on the bottom with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Beat together eggs + ¾ cup sugar and vanilla essence in a big bowl.
- Heat the milk and pour it in the above egg mixture while stirring constantly.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture in the baking dish containing the caramelised sugar.
- Put the baking dish in a shallow roasting tray containing 1 inch water.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 300 degrees Farenheit for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Check with a knife. If knife comes out clean, the pudding is ready.
- Take the dish out of the oven, let it cool, then put in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, separate the sides of the pudding from the baking dish with a knife. Take a flat dish with slightly raised ends, put it onto the baking dish, and turn the pudding over onto the baking dish while keeping the serving dish in place.
Bread Caramel Pudding Ingredients:
- 6 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
How to make Bread Caramel Pudding:
Place bread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine water and brown sugar; pour over bread. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over bread. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.
Caramel Milk Ingredients:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white syrup
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
How to make Caramel Milk:
Heat sugar and syrup in one cup of milk, stirring until dissolved. Cook, stirring frequently to firm ball stage. Slowly add second cup of milk; repeat cooking process. Add last cup of milk, butter, and salt; cook to 246-248°F on your candy thermometer, or until firm ball stage. Remove from heat; add vanilla and nuts (optional). Pour at once into buttered pan.
colossal caramel apple trifle Ingredients
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 6 cups cold milk
- 3 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 2 (16 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to make colossal caramel apple trifle
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and apple pie spice for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut one cake layer if necessary to fit evenly in an 8-qt. punch bowl. Poke holes in cake with a long wooden skewer; gradually pour a third of the caramel topping over cake. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and spread with half of the pudding mixture. Spoon one can of pie filling over pudding; spread with one carton of whipped topping.
- Top with remaining cake and repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until serving.
Prep Time: 40 Min
Ready In:40 Min