Ingredients for Cake Rusk
- 8 cups of All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 package of Yeast
- Â½ cup Water (lukewarm)
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Â½ tsp. Salt
- Â½ cup Cooking Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Â¾ cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Cardamom Seeds (Ilaichi Daanay)
- 2 cups Water (warm)
How to make Cake Rusk
- Dissolve yeast in the Â½ lukewarm water. Stir in the 1 tsp. of sugar, set aside for 1 hour.
- Mix the oil with the Â¾ cup sugar; add eggs, salt and 2 cups of warm water and dissolved yeast.
- Then stir in flour and cardamom seeds and knead until smooth.
- Return to a bowl well greased with oil. Brush top with melted butter or oil. Cover, set aside in a warm place until dough rises double.
- Make out in loaves in a long pan (you may use aluminum ice cube trays, which makes about 5 loaves).
- When cooled, slice and dry. Toast in a 200 degree oven until dry and light brown.
Preparation Time: 60 mins
Cooking Time: 30-45 mins