Recipes for cake
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2.5 ounce filling (filling of your choice like Cherry, Strawberry)
How to make Unbaked Cheese Cake
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, margarine, and sugar in a bowl until well incorporated and crumbly. Press into a pie plate, going up the sides as much as possible.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth and spreadable. Whisk whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese into prepared crust. Smooth the top with a spatula, and refrigerate until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Spread the cherry pie filling (or filling of your own choice) over the top, and refrigerate until serving.
Coconut Cake Ingredients
3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pans
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the pans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
For the frosting:
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 6 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
How to make Coconut Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans, then line them parchment paper. Grease them again and dust lightly with flour.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 3 to 5 minutes, until light yellow and fluffy. Crack the eggs into a small bowl. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl once during mixing. Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix well. The mixture might look curdled; don’t be concerned.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk to the batter in 3 parts, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in the 4 ounces of coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 2 pans and smooth the top with a knife. Bake in the center of the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until the tops are browned and a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a baking rack for 30 minutes, then turn the cakes out onto a baking rack to finish cooling.
- For the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and almond extract on low speed. Add the confectioners’ sugar and mix until just smooth (don’t whip!).
- To assemble, place 1 layer on a flat serving plate, top side down, and spread with frosting. Place the second layer on top, top side up, and frost the top and sides. To decorate the cake, sprinkle the top with coconut and lightly press more coconut onto the sides. Serve at room temperature.
Coconut Cake is ready to serve.
Prep 35 min
Inactive Prep 30 min
Cook 50 min
Total: 1 hr 55 min
Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake Ingredients
1/2 tin condensed milk (200gms)
- 2 3/4 cups plain flour (240gms)
- 40 gm cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (soda bicarb)
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted (60gms)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml Coke or Thums Up
How to make Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cocoa all together 2 to 3 times.
- Keep aside.
- Pour condensed milk in a bowl. Add the butter, and beat well till smooth. Add the flour spoon by spoon, mixing into the condensed milk mixture. In between, add milk as required if the butter begins to get too stiff. [Stir the mixture in one direction only all the while. This will
- incorporate more air and make the cake lighter].
- Once all the flour is used up, beat the batter as above till light (5-7 minutes). Add the coke or Thums Up and mix gently till smooth.
- Pour into a greased cake tin. Do not smooth with a spoon etc. If the consistency is right this will not be needed.
- Pre-heat over to 300o c. Place tin inside. Bake at 200o c for 5-7 minutes and 150o c till done. (35 to 40 minutes).
- Poke with a skewer and check. Cool a little. Invert on wire rack. Cool completely before doing icing if any. Or serve warm with tea.
Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake is ready to serve.
Easy Home Made Cake Ingredients
Plain flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Refined oil or plain butter – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
How to make Easy Home Made Cake
- Beat the egg very well until it becomes lighter and looks like double the original quantity. (As you do while making omlete )
- Mix sugar and oil together and stir them pretty hard till the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg to this mixture. Mix well to blend all ingredients thoroughly.
- Now prepare a mixture of plain flour (maida) and baking powder and sieve it to avoid any lump.
- Now gradually add this maida mixture, to the batter prepared by mixing sugar, oil and egg.
- Note: As you stir the mixture, it will become dense. Add some milk in small amount to make it smooth. Keep on repeating the process of adding maida and then milk as required, till batter is well blended (It should look fluffy/ soft).
- Add Vanilla essence to the batter and again blend thoroughly.
- Grease the baking tin (or cake tin) with oil and dust it by sprinkling maida over greased surface evenly.
- Note: Use baking tin of 6 inch in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
- Note: Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium
- Heat the presure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Caution: If baking tin comes into direct contact of the base of cooker, it can harm ( overbake ) the cake.
- Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter, inside on cooker dish.( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker)
- 1 Close the cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid.Lower the flame from high to low after 2 minutes.
- 1 Let it cook for 40 minutes, then switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
- 1 After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a skewer inside the cake.
- 1 If the mixture will not stick on it, means that cake is done.
Easy Home Made Cake is ready to serve.
Vanilla Cream Cake Ingredients
1 box Duncan Hines cake mix (white OR yellow)
- 1 – 3.5oz. box Jell-O vanilla INSTANT pudding/pie filling
- 1 1/3 cups cold water
- 4 eggs1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups Baker’s angelflake coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Frosting: 1/3 cup butter, 2 – 3oz. packages Philadelphia cream cheese, 1lb. Domino’s
- powdered sugar, 4 tsp. milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 cups Baker’s angelflake coconut
How to make Vanilla Cream Cake
- In a mixer add cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, oil–beat for 4 minutes. Remove
- from mixer and use a wooden spoon to add coconut and nuts–stir. Pour batter into a
- greased and floured 10″ tube cake pan (angelfood cake pan). Bake at 325 degrees
- for 60 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Cool the cake 20 minutes, then
- remove from pan (use a knife to go around the sides, invert onto a plate). Frosting: in
- a mixer, add butter and cream cheese–beat. Add vanilla and milk–beat. Add
- powdered sugar slowly–beat until smooth. When cake is completely cool frost the top and sides of the cake. Sprinkle the frosting with the 2 cups of coconut. Keep
Vanilla Cream Cake is ready to serve.
Banana Cake Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
How to make Banana Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 – 8 inch round pans. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the bananas. Add flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed mixture. Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and place on a damp tea towel to cool.
Banana Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:30 Min
Ready In:1 Hr
Eggless Curd Cake Ingredients
Flour – 1 3/4 Cup
- Ordinary Sugar – 1 Cup
- Oil – 3/4 Cup
- Curd – 1 Cup
- Meetha Soda – 1tsp levelled
- Cocoa powder – 8 tsp
- Coffee – 1/2 tsp(Optional)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1dsp
- Cocoa Powder – 2 1/2tsp
- Icing Sugar – 4 dsp
- Water – 3 to 4dsp
- Vanilla essence – 3 drops
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup
- Cherries – 1/2 cup
How to make Eggless Curd Cake
- Add oil, sugar, curd in a bowl and mix them in one direction using a spatula to form a thick mixture.
- Sieve flour,soda,cocoa powder and coffee.
- Add sifted mixture to the above curd mixture.
- Mix in one direction.
- Add vanilla essence and milk and again mix.
- Pour mixture in baking dish or borosil dish.
- Level it properly by keeping a towel underbowl.
- Microwave for 7-8 min.
- Check with the help of knife.
- Icing mixture-Add cocoa powder, essence,icing sugar and water and make a smooth paste.
- Spread icing mixture on the cake.
- Garnish with walnuts and cherries and grated chocolate.
- Cool it under fan and can be stored in air tight container in the fridge for few days.
Eggless Curd Cake is ready to serve.
Eggless Sponge Cake Ingredients:
200 g sweetened condensed milk
- 140 g self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 60 ml melted butter or 60 ml margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 75 ml water
How to make Eggless Sponge Cake
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, essence, and water and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and dusted 6 inch diameter round tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degrees C (400 degrees F) for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 150 degrees C (300 degree F) and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- When ready, take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute.
- Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- Cool the the cake on a wire rack.
Eggless Sponge Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Eggless Date & Walnut Cake Ingredients
1/2 cup each of chopped dates, sugar, chopped walnuts, veg. oil
- curd : 1tbsp
- milk : less than 1/2 cup
- maida : 1cup
- baking soda : 1 flattened tsp.
How to make Eggless Date & Walnut Cake
- Grind together chopped dates,sugar, milk , curd for smooth paste.
- Pour in a mixing bowl and add oil , fold oil in properly.
- Take maida and baking soda & sieve tiwce together. Add this to the batter in mixing bowl along with walnuts.
- Now mix this batter till air starts getting in the batter.
- Meanwhile Pre-heat oven at 350 degree C Take a baking dish & powder it with little maida so cake comes out without sticking.
- Pour in the batter & settle it. Slide the dish in oven & let bake at 350 degree C for 50 mins.
- Check after 45 mins by piercing, if the knife comes out neat it’s done.
- Serve with Kheer or Custard along or eat alone.
Eggless Date & Walnut Cake is ready to serve.
Microwave Milk Cake Ingredients
500 ml ricotta cheese use the ricotta cheese container to measure the milk powder
- and the sugar 3 cup milk powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 lb butter
How to make Microwave Milk Cake
- Mix everything including the 1/4lb butter in a microwaveable dish or bowl on high heat in the microwave cook for 5mins
- Stir it and cook again for 5mins.
- Stir it and cook again for 5mins. – All together it takes 15 mins.
- Pour in the plate like you do for any burfi.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
Microwave Milk Cake is ready to serve.