Almond Butter Coffee Cake Ingredients
1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4, cup shortening
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1/2 cake yeast
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/16 teaspoon mace
- 1/16 teaspoon cardamom
How to make Almond Butter Coffee Cake
- Add sugar, salt and shortening to milk and cool to lukewarm.
- Add crumbled yeast and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and 1% cups flour; beat well. Add remaining flour sifted with spices; then knead well.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Knead down and let rise again. Shape into 2 coffee cakes and place in greased pans. Let rise 15 minutes.
- Spread almond mixture on top and let rise until doubled in bulk. Bake in moderate even (375° F.) 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Almond Butter Coffee Cake is ready to serve.
Total Time105 min